The Posse Scholarship program is open to all eligible citizens of the United States or permanent resident of USA. It is an opportunity to grab free financial/academic assistance from a non-profit oriented organization. Each Posse Scholar wins a fully funded scholarship to attend one of Posse’s partner colleges or universities.
Posse Scholarship: Overview
The Posse Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships for diverse students with leadership potential to attend selective colleges and universities in the United States. The foundation’s goal is to increase diversity on college campuses and provide students with a supportive network of peers. The scholarship covers full tuition and fees, and Posse Scholars participate in a pre-collegiate training program to develop leadership skills and prepare for the academic and social challenges of college life.
In addition to financial support, Posse Scholars receive ongoing mentorship and support from Posse staff and alumni. The program also emphasizes community building and helps scholars form close-knit groups, or “posses,” to provide mutual support and encouragement throughout their college experience. The Posse Foundation works with a number of colleges and universities to provide this comprehensive support system, and the goal is to help Scholars achieve academic success and graduate with the skills and experience necessary to make a positive impact in their communities and beyond.
It is also important to note that the first step to becoming a posses scholar is by nomination. See how this is done as we proceed.
- Ongoing Scholarships
- Law Internships for High School Students in the USA
- Red Thread Scholarship Application for Women in USA
- EZ Plumbing & Restoration Scholarships in USA for International Students
Requirements for Posse Scholarship Application
The requirements for the Posse Scholarship program vary depending on the specific program and the university offering it. However, some common eligibility criteria for the Posse Scholarship include:
- US citizenship or permanent residency
- High school senior or transfer student
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Academic achievement
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Ability to work well in a group and diverse setting
- A commitment to giving back to their communities
It’s important to note that each Posse Foundation chapter may have its own specific requirements, so it is recommended to check with the chapter or the university for detailed information.
- University of Wyoming Scholarship Application in USA
- University of Montana Scholarship Program in USA
- Apply for $25,000 Cobell Scholarships in USA
To be eligible, a high school senior must:
- Be nominated by their high school or a community-based organization
- Be in the first term of their senior year in high school
- Demonstrate leadership within their high school, community or family
- Demonstrate academic potential
- Application must be made timely; depending on the Posse city or program, nominations are accepted in the spring and summer before senior year begins (contact your local Posse office for specific deadlines)
The Posse Scholarship is neither a minority nor a need-based scholarship. It is open to students of all backgrounds.
Posse Scholars are eligible to study a wide range of academic disciplines at participating colleges and universities. There is no specific list of eligible courses, but the scholarship is open to students pursuing undergraduate degrees in fields such as engineering, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and the arts, among others.
The Posse Foundation is committed to supporting students who are interested in pursuing a wide range of academic paths and careers, and the scholarship is available to students regardless of their chosen field of study. However, it’s important to note that each participating college or university may have its own specific eligibility criteria, and interested students should check with their chosen institution for more information.
- American Express College Scholarship Program in USA
- Apply for California Scholarship Federation (CSF) in USA
- New American University Scholarship Application in USA
How to Apply for Posse Scholarship
The processes to apply for Posse Scholarships typically involve the following steps:
- Research participating colleges and universities: The Posse Foundation works with a number of colleges and universities across the United States. Check the list of partner institutions on the Posse Foundation’s website to see if your preferred school is a partner.
- Attend a Posse Information Session: Attend a session near you to learn more about the scholarship program, the application process, and the criteria used to select Scholars.
- Complete the online application: The application includes academic information, essays, and a recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader.
- Participate in a dynamic assessment: The dynamic assessment is a series of group exercises and individual interviews designed to assess applicants’ leadership potential and communication skills.
- Wait for a decision: Posse makes decisions on a rolling basis, and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the Posse Foundation.
Note: The application process may vary slightly depending on the partner institution and the specific program, so it’s recommended to check the Posse Foundation’s website or contact the local Posse office for more information.
List of Universities Offering Posse Scholarships
The Posse Scholarships are offered by several universities across the United States. Some of the well-known universities that offer the Posse Scholarship include:
- Amherst College
- Bowdoin College
- Brandeis University
- Carleton College
- Colby College
- Colorado College
- Franklin & Marshall College
- Hamilton College
- Middlebury College
- Pomona College
- Swarthmore College
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
This is not an exhaustive list and there are many other universities that offer such Scholarship. Please check the Posse Foundation website for a complete list of partner universities.