Looking for an opportunity to travel and study in the United States on scholarship? The Coolidge Scholarship is here for you. It is an undergraduate scholarship available to all the students who meet the eligibility requirements. Go through this article and see all you need to know about the study opportunity.
What is Coolidge Scholarship All About?
The Coolidge scholarship program is a presidential award that is given out on a yearly basis. It is a full-ride scholarship, which means that it pays for a student’s tuition, lodging and board, and other fees for all four years of their undergraduate education. Recipients of the Coolidge may put the award toward their education at any four-year institution or university in the United States that holds an appropriate accreditation.
This program is non-partisan and does not take into account financial need, thus anyone from any background and studying any academic field may submit an application.
During the student’s junior year of high school, they are eligible to submit an application for the Coolidge Scholarship. The Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury conducts interviews with the finalists over a finalist weekend held at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
Students can apply for the Coolidge Scholarships during their junior year of high school. note: current high school seniors are not eligible to apply. Winners of the Coolidge Scholarships are notified that they have won the honor. Those candidates who make it to the final round but are not selected as Coolidge Scholars may be eligible for a secondary, one-time college scholarship.
SEE ALSO: BACS-Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Scholarships for International Students
Target audience: USA students and permanent residents
What does the Coolidge scholarship cover? The scholarship covers scholar’s tuition fee, books, lodging and boarding for four years.
Scholarship type: Fully funded
Coolidge scholarship eligibility requirements
- 2023 Coolidge Scholarships applicants must intend to enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university as an undergraduate for the first time in fall 2023. That is to say, students in their junior year of high school, or the equivalent if home schooled, are eligible to apply. (Students who are currently high school juniors but take some courses at a local college are indeed eligible to apply for the Coolidge Scholarship.)
- 2023 Coolidge Scholarships applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States of America by the 2023 scholarship deadline.
- 2023 Coolidge Scholarships applicants cannot be the immediate family member of any current employee or trustee of the Coolidge Scholars Program or the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation.
- Academic Excellence
- Applicant must have interest in public policy and appreciation of coolidge values
- Humility and Service
SEE ALSO: St. Clare’s Scholarships Application Form
Selection Timetable – Deadline
The Coolidge Scholarships application will become available in the fall of 2022. Only students who are currently enrolled in their junior year of high school and who expect to begin attending college on a full-time basis for the first time in the fall of 2022 are eligible to apply.
January 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM: The application deadline is Wednesday, January 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time. All application materials, including the two letters of reference, must be submitted by this date and time (please note the time zone). (It is important to note that the submission deadline, which was formerly the 19th of January, has been moved forward by one week to the new date of January 26, 2023.)
By the 1st of June in 2023, each candidate will be informed of the results of their submission by the deadline. Logging into their application portal will allow applicants to view the results of their submission.
Applicants who have been selected as finalists will be contacted directly by phone and invited to participate in the Finalist Interview Weekend, which will take place in Woodstock, Vermont, as well as the historic town of Plymouth Notch, Vermont. Finalists and one parent will each have their travel and hotel expenses paid for by the Coolidge Foundation in order to participate in Finalist Weekend.
A week long orientation session will be held at the Coolidge Foundation in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, during the summer of 2023 for newly selected recipients of the Coolidge Scholarships.
SEE ALSO: Red Thread Scholarship Application for Women
How to Apply for Coolidge Scholarship 2023
- Firstly, visit the scholarship portal at https://coolidgescholars.org/apply/
- Sign up by entering the required information correctly.
- Complete your online application and submit it.
- wait for feedback from the scholarship host