American Express Foundation has purpose is to inspire and acknowledge academic excellence and help American Express workers fund their children’s undergraduate college education by offering free scholarship programs to eligible persons. The American Express Scholarship program is created for current lodging workers and their dependents.
About American Express College Scholarship Program
The American Express Scholarship Program was founded in 1987 and is presently funded by the American Express Foundation to inspire and acknowledge academic excellence and assist American Express workers fund their children’s undergraduate college education. Scholarship grants may be used for undergraduate study at registered colleges or universities in the U.S. and Canada.
- Apply For UNIFAST Scholarship Program
- Sedgwick County Scholarships Program
- Quantity Surveying Scholarships Application
- RONA Foundation Scholarship Application
- Riccarton Rotary Youth Trust Scholarship Application
Eligibility, Requirements and Criteria
The American Express Scholarship board has decided on some eligibility requirements according to which the applicants are either eligible for the grant or not. The scholarship winner will be picked only if he/she meets all the requirements and confirms that he/she is the best of the best among the applicants. So as to be regarded as eligible, you must:
- be an undergraduate student
- attend a university, a 4 college, or a 2 college, either as a full-time or part-time student
- The scholarship award is limited to students studying Hospitality Management.
- Besides being registered in a hospitality management program at a U.S. college or university
- All applicants must either be performing a minimum of 20 hours per week at an AH&LA member hotel with at least 1 year of hotel experience, or be dependent on a suitable employee, and have past employment in some capacity in the hospitality industry.
- Only those applicants who fulfill all these requirements can become potential scholarship winners.
American Express College Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount awarded is $2,000 and the number of winners is decided annually depending on the number of qualified applicants. Since its foundation, the fund is proud to reveal that it has awarded $382,610 in scholarships to 328 students and professionals.
How to Apply for American Express College Scholarship 2023-2024
The application procedure starts in early fall and that is the moment when the application forms become available on the scholarship provider’s website. Then, you will be able to get acquainted with the updated eligibility requirements and awards details. If you are interested in applying, here is what you will need:
- Application Form
- Essay (personal letter)
- Financial Aid Analysis
- Resume and
You are liable that all documents are received on time, and the deadline for the application package submission is May 1st.