Pursue your Masters or PhD studies in UK. Good news! Now is the time to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship. In this article, we’ll talk in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits, and how to apply for it step by step.
The Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship program for international students. It covers the cost of education during the scholars’s academic years. This scholarship is for people who want to get a master‘s degree or a PhD. It includes a living stipend of £15,144 per year, all University and College fees, and the application fee for the University.
What does Rhodes Scholarship Cover?
The Rhodes Scholarship gives the winner:
- A living allowance of £15,144 per year;
- All fees for college and university;
- One economy-class flight to Oxford at the beginning of the scholarship and one economy-class flight back to the student’s home country at the end.
- The application fee for college;
- The Scholarship lasts for two years, as long as the student does well in school and acts in a good way. The Scholarship may be extended for a third year for people who take a recognized path to the DPhil and fill out an application (PhD).
- Student Visa Fee
Rhodes Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarship, a candidate must meet all of the following requirements:
- Citizenship and residency: Each applicant must meet the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
- Education: By October, all applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree with honors. Also, the student’s grades must be high enough to get into the University of Oxford, which has very strict requirements for admission. In Canada, you should have a minimum GPA of 3.75/4.0 or the equivalent.
- Age: Depending on the constituency, you have to be at least 18 years old and no more than 28 years old by October 1 of the year after you are chosen. In most places, the age limit is 24 or 25. Before you apply, please make sure you know the exact age requirements for your district. After the selection process, the people who are selected will go to Oxford in October. Most of the time, the Scholarship can’t be differed.
- Required Language: English
Rhodes Scholarships 2023 in UK
|Host Country||United Kingdom (UK)|
|Host University||University of Oxford|
|Host Organisation||Rhodes Trust|
|Eligible Course Level||Post Graduate Courses (Masters/MPhil and PhD)|
|Fields of Study||There are wide range of courses in the program|
|No. of scholarships||100 fully funded scholarships for International Students|
- Applicants are to attach their curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities. (Please do not include a photograph in your CV for this scholarship)
- Applicants are to provide evidence of academic record or transcript (complete or in progress) of undergraduate study and postgraduate study (if any)
- Candidates are required to submit a personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language). Check requirements here.
- Applicants must provide an evidence of age / birth certificate / passport for verification
- Clear photograph of applicant
- Four letters of recommendation from people who can say in confidence about the applicant’s character and intelligence, as well as their academic, personal, extracurricular, and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
Deadline: The U.S. Rhodes Scholarship application is available each year in early July. The application deadline for this year is 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Time on Monday, October 3rd, 2022. Therefore, all interested persons are expected to submit their online applications before the closing date.
Note that Rhode scholarships deadline differs from one country to another.
List of Countries Eligible Rhodes Scholarship
Below is the list of the Rhodes constituencies. A number of scholarships are also mentioned with
the country names.
- EAST AFRICA
- Covering Uganda
- South Sudan and
- HONG KONG
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN
- Covering Antigua
- Trinidad & Tobago
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent
- St. Kitts-Nevis
- the Turks and Caicos Islands
- Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands
- NEW ZEALAND
- SAUDI ARABIA
- SOUTHERN AFRICA
- Covering South Africa
- Namibia and
- LEBANON AND
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- UNITED STATES
- WEST AFRICA
- Covering Benin,
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Ivory Coast
- the island of Saint Helena
- Sierra Leone
- São Tomé and Principe, and
Note: If your country is not on the list above, you cannot apply for Rhodes Scholarships for Master’s students in the UK. Don’t worry. Go to “Rhodes Global Scholarship UK” to learn about the Global Scholarships and cross-border options.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2023
- You can apply online by clicking on the scholarships tab at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply.
- You must submit your application online before the deadline, along with any supporting documents.
- Before you apply, you should read the general information on the Rhodes website, especially the information on the Scholarships tab, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document, and the University of Oxford’s graduate admissions pages at www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- Those who are are shortlisted will be invited to a social engagement and a final interview. You should be able to go both in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. No one will get the scholarship without being interviewed. Travel expenses will be paid by the Rhodes Trust, and will cover the round trip cost of a First Class rail ticket, but excluding hotel expenses. International travel costs for people coming from other countries cannot be paid for.
- All applicant’s will receive feedback through their registered email on the outcome of the application
Check Out More Scholarships:
- Apply for Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Loughborough University Scholarships in UK
- The Scholarship Hub: Find Free Scholarships in the United Kingdom
- Roux Scholarship Programme in UK
- Black Heart Foundation Scholarship Application in UK
- Black Heart Foundation Scholarship Application in UK & US
- BPP University Scholarship in United Kingdom
- Football Scholarship Application in UK
- Arkwright Scholarship Application UK
- UK Scholarships For Nigerian Students