Some students are are till asking us, which book are we using for WAEC, JAMB, NECO, GCE or NABTEB for this year? In this article, I will show you the new 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 literature texts for all WAEC, NECO, JAMB and GCE candidates. These WAEC Literature texts are meant for SS1, SS2 and SS3.
Also note that newly approved books by the West African Examination Council are valid from 2021 to 2025. This means that the texts will be used in 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025.
Others are searching: New WAEC literature books for 2023, WAEC texts for Literature 2023, WASSCE books for literature 2021 to 2025, JAMB texts for Literature, JAMB books for literature, GCE literature in English books, 2023 WAEC literature books, WAEC literature books for Nigeria, WAEC literature books for Libya, WAEC literature texts for The Gambia, WAEC literature texts for Liberia.
List of New WAEC / NECO Literature Books 2022
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei-Agyiri (2018 Edition)
Non African Prose
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronté
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Let me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
- The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
SEE ALSO: WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English | Download PDF
Non African Drama
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
- Fences by August Wilson
- “Black Woman” by Leopard Sedar Senghor
- “The Leader and the Led” by Niyi Osundare
- “The Grieved Lands” by Agostinho Neto
- “The Song of the Woman of my Land” by Oumar Farouk Sesay
- “Raider of the Treasure Trove” by Lade Wosomu
- “A Government Driver on his Retirement” by Onu Chibuike
Non African Poetry
- “The Good-Morrow” by John Donne
- “Caged Bird” by Maya Angelou
- “The Journey of the Magi” by T.S Eliot
- “Do not Go Gentle into the Good Night” by Dylan Thomas
- “Binsey Poplars (Felled 1879)” by G.M. Hopkins
- “Bat” by David H. Lawrence
Drama Text for Objective/Contextual Questions
A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
How Do I Get the New WAEC / NECO Literature Texts 2023
There are three methods through which you can get the newly approved WAEC literature texts. They include the following:
- Physical book shops
- Online Bookshops
I will show you how to use the above methods to purchase your books.
Some books contain the summary of all the WAEC drama, poetry and prose. Most of them are very comprehensive in such a way that they contain everything you need to know about all the books. Examples of these books are Exam Focus, Essential Literature Text Book, and so on.
In schoolisle, we recommend that students go for Exam focus on Literature in English. The price of the book is 3,500 Naira on Konga.
SEE ALSO: How to Use WAEC, NECO, JAMB & GCE syllabus
1. Physical Book Shops
This involves going to any nearby bookshop to check out the books. Sometimes, it is made compulsory for school candidates to get the hard copies of these books. When such need arises, simply move to the market and get the hard copies for yourself.
Prices in physical book shops are seen to be cheaper than the prices sold in schools and online. About 35,000 Naira can get you all or most of the books listed above.
Some schools make the copies of these books available for all their students to buy. This is for schools that have libraries or bookshops. Some schools also make it compulsory for their students to buy from them.
You can also get these books in the school libraries. Most schools make them available for their students in the school library for free. So, if you are privileged to be in such school, do well to maximize the opportunity.
Some public libraries also have some of these books. You can also visit those places.
3. Online Bookshops
This involves making payments and buying the literature books online. There are so many online platforms where you can purchase the recommended WASSCE Literature Books. I recommend that you buy from Konga.com.
The books are a bit costly on the platform compared to when you visit physical shops. But for conveniences and easier transactions, it is good you buy online.
This how how you buy books from Konga.com:
- Firstly, visit Konga website @ https://www.konga.com/
- Search the name of the book you want to buy
- Click on the book and make your payment
I hope this article was helpful. Share your thoughts with us below. If you have any question, drop it in the comment section.