Civic education for Senior Secondary Schools (SS1-SS3) has been specifically developed to suit the desire of students for a textbook that would elaborate thoroughly on Civic education as a subject of study. The book is aimed to satisfy the critical aims of the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS) which include value reorientation, poverty eradication and employment creation among others
In developing this book, the author has been directed by the curriculum approved by Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) (NERDC).
Moreover, basic topics have been presented using relevant visuals to encourage and keep student’s interest in reading this book.
Each chapter in this book is completed with revision questions to assist students assess themselves on what they have learnt in each chapter.
In addition, this book is recommended for teachers and students of Senior Secondary Schools, It is my view that students would find this book highly educating and entertaining.
In this article, I will show you the latest Civic Education textbook as recommended by the West African Examination Council, National Examination Council, GCE and other examination bodies.
SEE ALSO: Download Full JAMB Book for Free
Civic Education Textbooks for WAEC, NECO SSCE, & GCE
WAEC, NECO, GCE RECOMMENDED TEXT BOOKS FOR CIVIC EDUCATION
|Comprehensive Civic Education for SSS||Meneke Obiageri & Nwebo||Milestone Publishers.|
|Civic Education for SSS 1 – 3||Dimgbaobas D.||Melrose Pubs|
|New Millenium Civic Education||S.I. Onuoha||Chin & Chris Res LTD|
One of the recommended Textbooks is Civic Education by Gbenga M. Babalola. Check out the details below:
|Year of Publication||2014|
Other Civic Education Textbooks for SS1 – SS3
- Adamolekun, L. — Politics and Administration in Nigeria. Ibadan: Spectrum Books Ltd, 1986.
- Adebayo, A. — Principles and Practice of Public Administration in Nigeria. Ibadan: Spectrum Books Ltd, 2000.
- Anifowose, R. & F. Enemuo (eds) — Elements of Politics. Lagos: Sam Iroanusi Publications, 1999.
- FGN — 1999 Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria as Amended. Abuja: Federal Government Press, 2011.
- Meneke, O. A. & Nwebo, I. — Milestone Comprehensive Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1 & 2. Owerri: Milestone Publishers Limited, 2012.
- Nwaubani, O. O. — Citizenship Education and Nigerian Culture. Lagos: T-Excel Publishers, 2000.
- Ogunbamerun, O. A. — Reading on Campus Secret Acts. Ile-ife: O.A.U Press Ltd, 1997.
- Banji, K. — Citizenship Education. Lagos: Dedun Educational Books, 1976.
- Appadorai, A. — The Substance of Politics, Eleventh Edition. Madras: Oxford University Press, 1975.
- Okunloye, R. W., et al. — Civic Education for Senior Secondary, Books 1, 2 & 3, UBE Edition. Lagos: Learn Africa PLC, 2011.
- Olurode, L. & O. Soyombo (eds) — Readings in Campus Violence. Lagos: John West Publications Ltd, 2004.
- Oni, E. O., et al. — Straight-Gate Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1 & 2. Ibadan: Straight-Gate Publishers Ltd, 2012.
- Leap Africa — Rage for Change, a Guide for Young Nigerians who Desire to Make a Difference. Lagos: Leap Africa, 2008.
- Oyediran, O., et al. — Government For Senior Secondary Schools. Lagos: Longman Nig Ltd, 1990.
- Oyediran, O. — Introduction to Political Science. Ibadan: Oyediran Consults International, 1998.
- Tanya, R. H. — HIV/AIDS: Hope in the Midst of Despair. Lagos: Megarona (West Africa) Ltd, 2005.
- Ukegbu, M. N., et al. — Basic Civic Education for Senior Secondary Schools, SS 2. Owerri: Maybiks Nigeria Publisher.
- UNO — Human Right: the International Bill of Human Rights. New York: United Nations Organization, 1993.
SEE ALSO: WAEC Syllabus For Literature In English
How Do I get Civic Education Textbook for free?
There are three ways you can get this textbook which include:
- By purchasing it (online or physical bookshop)
- Checking the school library
- Borrowing from a friend
The only way to get a free civic textbook is by borrowing from a friend or senior collegue.
If you want to buy online, simply visit https://www.konga.com/. Search for the textbook and buy it.
I hope this helps. Drop you questions and comments below.