The UNIFAST Scholarship application 2024 to 2025 is available to all Filipinos who meet the eligibility and requirements as outlined on this page. Also learn the benefits of the program below.
The Unified Student Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education or UniFAST (in short form) aims at keeping and maintaining the provision of Republic Act 10931 which ensures that all eligible Filipinos get access to adequate and equitable education.
For this reason, all eligible students are offered fully funded scholarships, to pursue tertiary education without paying any tuition and other schools fees under the State Universities and colleges (SUCs) and CHED-recognized Local Universities and colleges (LUCs). I’m addition, students who need extra financial assistance can apply for a short term loan.
In other words, the major aim for this UniFAST Scholarship scheme is to grant financial support to students of Philippines by providing free education and short term loans to those who need it.
There are four categories of programs under the RA 10931 which include:
- Free Higher Education (FHE)
- Free Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES)
- Student Loan Program for Tertiary Education Short-Term (SLPTE-ST)
Scroll down for scholarship application requirements.
- Megaworld Scholarship Application Form in Philippines
- DLSU Scholarships & Grants for Philippines
- TESDA Scholarship Online Application Form
UniFAST Scholarship Application Requirements 2024 (Who qualifies for UniFAST?)
Students enrolled in their undergraduate program subject to the admission and retention policies of the Higher Education Institution are qualified for the scholarship.
13 Benefits under Free Higher Education or FHE
- Admission fees
- Athletic fees
- Computer fees
- Cultural fees
- Development fees
- Entrance fees
- Guidance fees
- Handbook fees
- Laboratory fees
- Library fees
- Medical/Dental fees
- Registration fees
- School ID fees
- FEU Scholarships [Requirements, Date, How to Apply]
- DOST Scholarship Results – Check Qualifiers
- DOST Scholarship Application Form is Out
- CHED scholarship Application in Philippines
UniFAST Scholarship Eligibility and Benefits for TVET
- An applicants must be enrolled in their first post-secondary TESDA-registered TVET programs.
- Applicants must not be holding a National Certificate III or higher except those enrolled in bundled programs. Note that it is subject to prioritization and availability of funds.
- Tuition and miscellaneous fees/other related fees
- Trainee support provisions including:
- National Competency Assessment
- Instructional materials
- Living allowance
- Starter toolkit
- Workshop shirts
CHECK OUT MORE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Sedgwick County Scholarships Program
- Golden Door Scholarship Program
- Quantity Surveying Scholarships Application
- RONA Foundation Scholarship Application
- Riccarton Rotary Youth Trust Scholarship Application
TES Eligibility and Benefits
Benefit 1: undergraduate students are enrolled in SUCs and CHED-recognized LUCs and quality-assured private Higher Education Institution (HEIs) NOTE: it is subject to prioritization and availability of funds.
Benefit 2: The program grantees enrolled in private HEIs shall be entitled to a maximum benefit of P60,000 (TES 1 + TES 2) per academic year, while grantees enrolled in SUC or LUC shall receive P40,000 (TES 2).
- TES 1 – for tuition and other school fees
- TES 2 – for other education-related expenses
Additional Benefits for TES:
- TES 3a – persons with disability (PWD): P30,000/year
- TES 3b – Board/Licensure Examination: max of P10,000 one-time reimbursement.
- maintaining the enhanced student grant-in-aid program for beneficiaries of poverty alleviation enrolled in SUCs;
- Continuing TES student-grantees;
- Students enjoy the privilege of being enrolled in private HEIs located in municipalities or cities with no SUC or CHED-recognized LUC as long as the students are residing in the municipality or city where the private HEI is located;
- Students under the TES program who are part of households are included in the Listahan 2.0 or the most recent National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Students who are not part of the Listahan 2.0 but qualify when ranked according to estimated per capita household income, based on submitted documentation of proof of income to be determined by the UniFAST Board.
Required Documents for UniFAST TES Program
Any applicant aiming at TES program must provide the following documents as failure to provide them completely results to automatic disqualification.
- Certificate of Registration/Enrollment
- Assessment of fees; and
- PWD ID, if applicable.
NOTE: Students in TES Category 3, they need to include a certificate of residency.
SLPTE-ST Eligibility and Requirements
SLPTE students shall enjoy the following benefits:
- Undergraduate and graduate students under this program are enrolled in SUCs, CHED-recognized LUCs and quality-assured private HEIs. This is also subject to prioritization and availability of funds.
- Students shall have access to short term loans to help them fund their graduate or undergraduate programs. This offer is also available to both medicine and law students.
- Maximum amount for the UniFAST short term loan is P60,000 per academic year;
- No interest will be attached to the loan if only student repays within the loan term.
UniFAST Scholarship: SLPTE-ST Requirements 2024
Applicants aiming at this category of scholarship must provide the following:
- Duly accomplished SLPTE-ST Application form;
- Certification of School Registration of the applicants;
- Government-issued ID of the co-maker; and
- Income Tax Return of the applicant, if employed, or other proof of family income;
- Income Tax Return or other proof of family income of the co-maker;
- 1×1 picture of the applicant and the co-maker.
UniFAST Scholarship 2024 to 2025 deadline
The 2024 latest UniFAST scholarships deadline is 28th March, 2024. Therefore, endeavour to submit your online applications before the due date.
The UniFast scholarships application usually opens in February. Therefore, the 2024 to 2025 application is likely to start in February 2024. Save this page and come back later for more updates.
How to Apply for UniFAST scholarship 2024 Online
- Visit the official CHED-UniFAST online scholarship application portal
- Create an account
- Login and make your application
- Finally, submit your application and wait for feedback.
UniFast Scholarship Portal: https://unifast.gov.ph/index.html