The Tertiary Education Subsidy, TES Scholarship online application form 2023 to 2024 is now open to all Filipinos who meet the eligibility and requirements as outlined on this page. Also learn the benefits of the program below.
The Tertiary Education Subsidy or TES (in short form) aims at keeping and maintaining the provision of Republic Act 10931 which ensures that all eligible Filipinos get access to adequate and equitable education.
For this reason, all eligible students are offered fully funded scholarships, to pursue tertiary education without paying any tuition and other schools fees under the State Universities and colleges (SUCs) and CHED-recognized Local Universities and colleges (LUCs). In addition, students who need extra financial assistance can apply for a short term loan.
There are four categories of programs under the RA 10931 which include:
- Free Higher Education (FHE)
- Free Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES)
- Student Loan Program for Tertiary Education Short-Term (SLPTE-ST)
- Apply For UNIFAST Scholarship Program for Filipinos
- Megaworld Scholarship Application Form in Philippines
- FEU Entrance Scholarship Application Form in Philippines
- Kinobi Scholarship is now Open
TES Eligibility, Requirements and Benefits
Benefit 1: undergraduate students are enrolled in SUCs and CHED-recognized LUCs and quality-assured private Higher Education Institution (HEIs) NOTE: it is subject to prioritization and availability of funds.
Benefit 2: The program grantees enrolled in private HEIs shall be entitled to a maximum benefit of P60,000 (TES 1 + TES 2) per academic year, while grantees enrolled in SUC or LUC shall receive P40,000 (TES 2).
- TES 1 – for tuition and other school fees
- TES 2 – for other education-related expenses
Additional Benefits for TES scholarships:
- TES 3a – persons with disability (PWD): P30,000/year
- TES 3b – Board/Licensure Examination: max of P10,000 one-time reimbursement.
- maintaining the enhanced student grant-in-aid program for beneficiaries of poverty alleviation enrolled in SUCs;
- Continuing TES student-grantees;
- Students enjoy the privilege of being enrolled in private HEIs located in municipalities or cities with no SUC or CHED-recognized LUC as long as the students are residing in the municipality or city where the private HEI is located;
- Students under the TES program who are part of households are included in the Listahan 2.0 or the most recent National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Students who are not part of the Listahan 2.0 but qualify when ranked according to estimated per capita household income, based on submitted documentation of proof of income to be determined by the UniFAST Board.
- Axie Infinity Scholarship Philippines Application
- Apply for CHED scholarship Application in Philippines
- DOST Scholarship Results – Check Qualifiers
- TESDA Scholarship Online Application Form
- DOST Scholarship Application Form
How much is the TES Scholarship?
Required Documents for TES scholarship Program 2023-24
Any applicant aiming at TES program must provide the following documents as failure to provide them completely results to automatic disqualification.
- Certificate of Registration/Enrollment
- Assessment of fees; and
- PWD ID, if applicable.
NOTE: Students in TES Category 3, they need to include a certificate of residency.
The 2023 TES scholarship deadline is 1st December 2023.
How to apply TES scholarship 2023-2024
- Visit the CHED-TES scholarships portal
- Create a free profile
- Login and enter the required details/documents
- Submit your application and wait for response
Application Link: https://unifast.gov.ph/index.html
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know if you are a TES grantee?
The students who are qualified to avail Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) for AY 2023-2024 are the following: Those who are part of the households included in the Listahanan 2.0 ranked according to the estimated per capita household income.
Is TES same as UniFAST?
UniFAST is an offshoot of CHED and the primary implementer of Free Higher Education (FHE) and the Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) program under Republic Act 10931 or the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education law.