Delta State University Courses: Delta State University, Abraka, commonly referred to as DELSU, is an educational institution that was established in 1992 by the Delta State Government. The university boasts of a vibrant campus life that is characterized by a bustling student community, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and state-of-the-art facilities that enhance the learning experience of students.
At DELSU, the education system is designed to meet the needs of the modern-day student, with an emphasis on critical thinking, problem-solving, and innovation. The school’s slogan, “Knowledge for Self-Reliance,” highlights its commitment to producing graduates who are self-reliant, independent, and equipped with the skills to become leaders in their respective fields.
DELSU has a robust Faculty with all delta state university courses being approved. There are also over 1,000 highly qualified professionals, with a diverse range of expertise across various disciplines. The university operates a single campus structure, with the main campus located in Abraka, Delta State, and several other campuses spread across the state.
The school offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, with fees that are affordable and in line with industry standards. Some of the latest academic achievements and developments at DELSU include the introduction of new courses, the establishment of research centers, and the development of partnerships with other institutions.
DELSU boasts of an extensive network of distinguished alumni who have excelled in various fields, serving as a testament to the university’s commitment to excellence in education. As a student or prospective student at DELSU, you can be assured of a world-class education that prepares you for success in your career and personal life.
Delta State University (DELSU) Abraka Admission Procedure
If you plan to join Delta State University (DELSU), you’re likely to be curious about the admission process. Fortunately, DELSU’s admission procedure is pretty straightforward, and I’m happy to walk you through it.
1. Minimum Requirements: To be eligible for admission into DELSU, you’ll need to have a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings in your Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent.
2. Post-UTME Screening Examination: After purchasing and filling out the school’s Post-UTME screening form online, DELSU conducts a screening for all applicants. During this stage, a computer-based test (CBT) is conducted, and a candidate’s score is calculated based on their performance.
3. Departmental Admission Requirements: Each department in DELSU has its specific admission requirements. Candidates must meet these requirements to be considered for admission. Some departments may require an additional certificate or previous work experience.
4. Admission List: Once the screening exercise is over, DELSU promptly publishes a list of accepted candidates on its website. Candidates can also check their admission status via the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) website.
5. Clearance/Registration: Successful candidates are required to go through the clearance and registration process that includes paying acceptance fee online, providing relevant documents, and confirming their admission status.
6. Matriculation: After completing the clearance and registration process, candidates will be invited to partake in the Matriculation Ceremony. Here, successful applicants are formally welcomed into the DELSU community.
That is a comprehensive guide to Delta State University (DELSU) Admission Procedure. If you have any other inquiries, feel free to contact DELSU’s admission office.
List of Courses offered in DELSU (Delta State University, Abraka)
This is a comprehensive list of courses offered at Delsu under their various Faculties of the institution.
Faculty of Agriculture:
– Animal Science
– Forestry and WildLife
– Soil Science
Delta state university courses: Faculty of Arts:
– English and Literary Studies
– Fine and Applied Arts
– History and International Studies
– Linguistics and Urhobo
– Religious Studies
– Theatre Arts
Faculty of Education:
– Agricultural Education
– Business Education
– Computer Education
– Health and Physical Education
– Home Economics Education
– Library and Information Science
– Physics Education
– Technical Education
– Chemical Engineering
– Civil and Environmental Engineering
– Electrical and Electronics Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
– Petroleum Engineering
Faculty of Law:
Faculty of Management Sciences:
– Business Administration
– Banking and Finance
Faculty of Pharmacy:
Faculty of Science:
– Animal and Environmental Biology
– Computer Science
– Industrial Chemistry
– Science Laboratory Technology
Delta State University (DELSU) Abraka Admission Requirements.
Are you interested in attending Delta State University (DELSU) Abraka? Here are some specific admission requirements:
#1. You must have obtained your Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent with credits in at least five subjects, including English and Mathematics.
2. Your Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) score must meet the minimum requirements set by the university for the program you wish to apply for.
3. You must choose DELSU as your first choice of institution during your UTME registration.
4. You need to register for and attend the Post UTME screening exercise conducted by the university.
5. Depending on the program you are applying for, you may need to meet additional requirements such as a certain grade in a relevant subject.
6. If you are seeking admission into a direct-entry program, you must also meet the relevant requirements as stated by the university.
7. You should obtain and submit all required documents such as your SSCE result, UTME result, birth certificate, and any other relevant documents.
Remember, admission into DELSU Abraka is competitive, so make sure you meet all the requirements and prepare well for your UTME and Post UTME screening exercise.