The Louie Foundation Scholarship (Kim and Harold Louie Family) is for high school seniors and students aspiring to go to college or university in the United States of America.
About Louie Foundation Scholarships
The Louie Foundation intends to place the number of actual scholarships and the amount of a personal scholarship based on the deliberation of certain elements, including without restriction, the financial resources and the eligibility of the scholarship recipients.
Applicants who are presently not seniors in high school (e.g., students who are taking a gap year or grown-ups returning to school), but applicants who will be regarded as incoming freshmen are qualified to apply. Applicants should have shown outstanding personal accomplishments, academic excellence, leadership grades, or community service.
- Fred Polischuk Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Bangladesh Sweden Trust Fund Scholarship
- CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Program
- Smysor Scholarship Windsor Illinois
- Side Hustles for Students in College or University
Deadline and opening dates
Louie Foundation Scholarship Amount
The Louie Foundation Scholarship (Kim and Harold Louie Family) amount for 2023 is $100,000.
Eligibility and Requirements
Special regard will be noted for applicants:
- who have parents that are United States veterans or are currently in the United States military
- who show a need for financial aid; or
- with parents who did not go to college.
To be viewed for The Louie Foundation Scholarships, an applicant:
- Must be a freshman in the 2023-34 academic year and expect to register at a U.S.-approved college or university in the 2023-2024 academic session.
- Must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) between 3.7 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equal). Students not on a 4.0 grading scale must convert their Grade Point Average to a 4.0 scale before presenting an application for the foundation.
- Must have a minimum SAT score of 1300 or a minimum ACT score of 27. Nevertheless, if you did not take the SAT or the ACT because the school you will be attending in the fall of 2023 does not need such test scores, please so suggest in the application form. Louie Foundation Scholarships will confirm before the school prior to any honor.
- Music has at least two letters of recommendation, one must be from a present or former teacher in an academic subject.
- Must submit personal statements as further explained in this application.
- Must have registered to a U.S. college or university, either full-time or part-time and intend to enroll in a minimum of 2 terms for the school year,
- Must submit to interviews individually or by phone or Zoom, if asked.
Notwithstanding the foregoing standards, The Louie Foundation Scholarships board (Kim and Harold Louie Family) has the right to waive any or all qualifications for applicants who have shown exceptional adverse possibilities.
How To Apply for Louie Foundation Scholarship
The Louie Foundation Scholarship (Kim and Harold Louie Family) is attempting to reduce the quantity of paper used. Thus, applicants should submit an application using the form below. The steps below are guidelines on how to apply for Louie Foundation Scholarships. After seeing what you will be expecting, you can begin your actual application HERE.
I. Personal Data (eg. name, age, etc)
II. Applicant’s Parent Data
III. High School Data
IV. SAT or ACT scores and Data
V. Colleges or Universities You Have Offered Applications (in order of preference)
VI. References (List 2 people from whom you have asked for a letter of reference. These individuals should know you well, and one must be from a present or former teacher in an academic subject.) You may also use letters from your college admission process. Please ask your recommenders to present their reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant must be obligated to provide that the recommenders send in their letters.
VII. Household/Financial Information (This is data only and will be kept confidential). It is extremely suggested that you fill out this area with a parent if you are a dependent. Use the most current income tax details and estimated current year values. Do not leave any space blank.
VIII. Essay (Your essay must be 300-500 words. Write on the topic “Who are you and why is this scholarship important to you?”).
IX. Passport Photograph
X. Certifications, Licenses, and Applicant’s E-Autograph
NB: The Louie Foundation Scholarship will deliver the scholarship funds directly to the university where the scholarship recipient registers. The scholarship funds will not be paid to the applicant straight. If the scholarship recipient does not register at the school or withdraws from registration, the Foundation will seek a refund for any funds paid to the school.