Looking for financial assistance to fund your undergraduate studies as Filipino? Here is an opportunity for you. The DOST scholarship 2023 to 2024 is available to all eligible undergraduates in Philippines who, for one reason or the other, are not able to afford the cost of education.
What is DOST Scholarship?
Students who are highly skilled but can’t study because of money problems can get help from the DOST Scholarships so they can keep going to school. Students in their third year of high school can also get assistance from the DOST Scholarship.
Students who want to study science and innovation after getting their degrees, He or She who are Qualified S&T (HR) and be able to help with the DOST scholarship application for public advancement. Many students in the Help of Scholar Program get help from DOST.
The DOST scholarships are categorized into 3 which include the following:
- RA 7687
- RA 10612
Each of the scholarship programs is explained below:
#1. DOST Merit Scholarship
This award is part of the DOST-SEI Scholarship Program. It is called the NSDB/NSTA Scholarship and is under RA No. 2067. Students in the fields of science and mathematics who have a high level of education are eligible for this scholarship. Students who want to study Science and Technology can get help from the DOST.
#2. RA 7687
Under the Science and Technology Act of the Republic of 7687, which says “has ACT 1994,” this scholarship helps financially talented and deserving candidates. This scholarship will only be given to this student.
#3. RA 10612
Under Act of Republic of 10612, students who want to study can do so in their own country. Who has good, high-level skills in Science and Technology Education:
- Students with Science Education
- Students with Mathematics Education
- Students with Engineering
DOST Undergraduate Scholarship Available Courses
The course below are arranged in alphabetical order
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology1*
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance2*
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences6*
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology5*
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology3*
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems2*
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering3*
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics3*
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
*1 UP System only
*2 4years, ADMU only
*3 DLSU only
*4 4years, USC only
*5 3years, DLSU only
*6 4 years, UPM only
DISCLAIMER: Please, always crosscheck DOST scholarship website before you apply for any of the courses.
DOST Scholarship Benefits
A. Regular Every Academic Year for Students
|Tuition school fees For Students||₱40,000.00 / per year|
|Book Allowance to Students||₱10,000.00 / Per year|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / Per month|
|Graduation Clothing Allowance||₱1,000.00|
|Transportation Allowance Given (for those Students who are studying outside of Own Country)||1 economy class roundtrip fare will give by Scholarship Holder.|
B. Summer Allowance
|Tuition Fee & other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to be submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance Given||₱7,000.00 / per month for two months|
DOST Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements
Below are the required document for the DOST scholarships:
- (Form C) – Certificate of Good Moral Character (Download Here – Click)
- (Form D) – Certificate of Good Health (Print each form in a size of A4 bond paper)
- (Form E) – Certificate of Program of Study on which Year Level
- (Form F) – Certificate of Residency (Check once all Forms are Signed Correctly)
- (Form G2) – Commitment Return Service Merit or RA 7687 (Form G1) RA 10612
- (Form H) – Application Certification Re – Not a DOST Scholar to this application
- (Form I) – Applicant or Students Parent Declaration
- (TOR) – Official Transcript of Records or a (TCG) True Copy of Grades or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for 1st & 2nd years in college.
- Student Recent picture or Photo, passport size = (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return
- BIR Form 1701
- Proof of Pension
- Employment Contract for OFW
- BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR
- Certificate of Employment with Compensation
Check out the requirements in tabular form below
|1||Certificate of Good Moral Character||C||1. Download these forms here
2. Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.
3. Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
4. Make sure that each form is signed.
5. Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.
6. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
7. Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
|2||Certificate of Good Health||D|
|3||Principal’s Certification||Applicant belongs to the graduating Grade 12 senior high school-STEM strand class||E1|
|Applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the graduating Grade 12 senior high – NON-STEM strand class||E2|
|4||Certificate of Residency||F|
|5||Parent’s Certification – Applicant has no pending immigration application to another country||G|
|6||Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application||H|
|7||Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian||I|
|8||Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) or Report Card (Form 138) for Grades 9, 10 and 11||Must be duly signed by the School Principal/University Registrar|
|9||Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)||
|11||Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension||
DOST Scholarship Timeline 2023-2024?
|Start of Online Application Period is to||The DOST has not yet announced when to apply for the AY 2023-2024 DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarships. According to sources DOST will start taking applications August of 2022. Please save and visit this website for more updates.|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements for Students (Deadline)||December 31, 2022|
Important Notes to Take Before Applying for the Scholarship Program
An applicant should provide the following to help verify that the applicant really needs the scholarship funds:
- Students’ father’s annual gross income;
- students’ mothers’ annual gross income;
- students whose legal guardian is helping them pay for college, the legal guardian’s annual gross income; and the applicant’s annual gross income.
- If a family gets a gift from someone outside the family, the giver, the amount of the gift, and the reason for the gift must be listed in Supporting
- Students whose families own farmland: how many hectares do they have?
- Type, year, and model of each family car owned by a student
Type – Example:
- passenger jeep
- owner jeep
Year and Model: Ex. 2021 Toyota Reva
How to Apply for DOST-SEI Scholarship 2023 to 2024
Access the DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarship when you have filled out and scanned or taken a picture of all of the necessary documents and the information listed above. When filling out the required information, please make sure that all of the names and words are spelled correctly. Make sure your internet connection is stable before continuing.
Register. Make sure to use a valid e-mail address. You will be advised of the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module, which can be accessed via the link in the email you received. If you are ineligible to apply for the JLSS, you will be sent a Notice of Disqualification via email.
If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, proceed to the following modules:
- Personal Data
- How to get in touch
- Family Data
- Financial Contribution
- Questionnaire for Household Information
- School, Grades, and Courses
- Upload Documents
Only jpeg, png, bmp, and pdf files are allowed on the system.
Multiple files up to 5MB each can be uploaded at the same time.
Example: You took a picture of each of your Transcript of Records’ three pages. So, to meet the same need, you have to upload three different files. To upload it, click the Upload File button and choose all of the files you want to send.
After you’ve chosen the files, you can look at a preview to make sure you’ve chosen the right files and all of them. When you are sure you have chosen the right files and all of them, click the Upload button.
After you’ve uploaded your files, you can use the Preview button to check them. If you uploaded a file that was wrong or wasn’t complete, you’ll have to start the uploading process over and upload the correct and complete file(s) to replace the document(s) you already uploaded.
Before you click the “SUBMIT” button, make sure you’ve finished all of the modules and uploaded all of the required documents. You should also make sure that all of the information you’ve given is true and that you’ve spelled everything correctly. After you send in your application, you won’t be able to change any of the information you gave.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a DOST scholarship in the Philippines?
Interested applicants may apply online through https://usas.science-scholarships.ph/#/register
How much is the DOST scholarship?
DOST undergraduate scholars get financial assitance of P40,000 per academic year to pay for tuition and other school fees. They also get a living allowance of P7,000 per month, a book allowance of P10,000 per academic year, and other scholarship benefits.
How long is a DOST scholarship?
If you switch from a 4-year course to a 5-year course, the length of your scholarship will be changed to include the time you spent in your first course.
What schools accept DOST scholarship?
- CEBU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS
- CEBU NORMAL UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF SAN JOSE – RECOLETOS
- CEBU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY – UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
- UNIVERSITY OF CEBU – LAPU-LAPU & MANDAUE
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES FOUNDATION (LAHUG CAMPUS)
- UNIVERSITY OF VISAYAS (MAIN CAMPUS)
- NEGROS ORIENTAL STATE UNIVERSITY
- SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY
- FOUNDATION UNIVERSITY
- SIQUIJOR STATE COLLEGE
- BOHOL ISLAND STATE UNIVERSITY
- HOLY NAME UNIVERSITY
Can a Grade 12 student apply for DOST scholarship?
The Science Education Institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST-SEI) is now accepting applications for the Undergraduate Scholarships Program for 2022. In the Academic Year 2021-2022, 12 grade students are encouraged to apply for careers in science and technology.
Can a 2nd year student apply for DOST scholarship?
The 2022 JLSS is for REGULAR SECOND YEAR college students, both men and women, who are enrolled in priority S&T courses at certain universities as of the second semester of the 2021-2022 academic year. You can’t apply for this scholarship if you aren’t in your second year of college.
Is DOST exam hard?
Is the test for the DOST scholarship hard? Some of the people taking the test said that it has both easy and hard questions. It is also a lot easier than the UPCAT but harder than most college entrance exams. Still, you can definitely do well on the test if you study enough and use good study materials.