Is WAEC GCE registration form out for 2023? Yes, the 2023 WAEC GCE Registration form for Second Series (Nov/Dec) is now out. As officially announced by the West African Examination Council, all applications start on 10th of July 2023 and ends on 29th September, 2023 (as extended by the examination body). Therefore, all interested candidates are expected to submit their online application before the closing date.
In this article, I will show the 2023 WAEC GCE for private candidates, the application starting date and deadline, requirements, instructions and how to apply.
Details of the 2023 WAEC GCE Registration
|Exam Body||West African Examination Council (WAEC)|
|Exam||WASSCE for Private Candidates 2023 – Second Series|
|Registration Period||Commences July 10, 2023 and closes September 29, 2023|
|Registration Fee||Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000)|
|Walk-in Registration||Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500)|
|Subjects Offered||Thirty-Six (36) subjects|
|Registration Requirements||National Identification Number (NIN) and biometric features|
|How to Apply||Pay the registration fee, obtain PIN, and register at registration.waecdirect.org|
When Will 2023 WAEC GCE Registration Second Series Begin?
According to the West African Examination Council, the new application date for the 2023 WAEC GCE starts from 10th of July 2023 and ends on 29th September, 2023. The examination body extended the deadline after seeing the need to do so. For this reason, all interested students are encouraged to register before the closing date as further extension may not be made.
Requirements for WAEC GCE Registration 2023
- Each candidate should have National Identification Number (NIN) slip or card.
- No age limit for this examination
- Students must pay the sum of N18,000 (Eighteen thousand Naira) only to any accredited bank or agent in order to obtain their private PIN before registration commences.
- Candidate must follow all instructions and steps as outlined by the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
How to Apply for WAEC GCE 2023 for Private Candidates (Complete Guide)
Firstly, candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following approved banks or any accredited GCE agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Candidates will be requested to pay an additional Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents. Alternatively, candidates can explore any of the following cashless payment channels included in the new advert to procure the registration token with a credit/debit card.
After a candidate obtains his/her PIN, then he can complete his registration. Here is how to do it:
Complete Registration After Obtaining PIN
Login: Candidates should initiate their registration process by first enrolling their fingerprints and inputting additional personal information through the Biometric Data Capture software. You can access the software for download if you possess a fingerprint scanner, or alternatively, visit a Registration Centre equipped with the necessary facilities to scan your fingerprints. Make sure to input your Surname, First name, and any other names using the provided software.
Bio Data: You need to input your biographical information, including Gender, Disability status, Marital Status, Maiden Name (if relevant), Date of Birth, Nationality, and State of Origin.
Picture Capture using WEBCAM: You need to capture an image using a webcam that meets the following camera specifications: a minimum of 2.0MP resolution, 720p video quality, USB 2.0 connectivity with High-Resolution RGB support, and a certified Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. It is recommended to use the Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000 Webcam for optimal results.
Contact Information: You are required to supply your contact information as requested on the page
Provide your Contact Information: Select your preferred examination town. Each of the towns have their examination centers and you will be posted to join one. That is where you will take your whole papers.
Select your Subjects: at this point, you are expected to select any subject of your choice. English and mathematics are automatically selected for you as they are compulsory.
Accept the Terms: you are expected to tick the box showing that you have accepted all terms and conditions.
Preview and Submit online application form: at this point, you are done with all details. Click on accept button. This would display the preview page for you to confirm all information. Carefully check all details before you hit “SUBMIT” button.
Print the Photo Card: this is the final stage of the application. Print the candidates photo card. This would enable him/her get in to the examination hall. It serves as his/her ID card for the exam.
General Information and Instructions
- Candidates should review the Information VCD prior to commencing their examination registration.
- It’s important to be aware that the registration fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates should consistently monitor the examination timetable on the website.
- Entrants are required to upload passport photographs captured using a digital camera that adheres to Microsoft HD 3000 specifications. The passport photographs should be of high quality in either black and white or color (JPEG File only, dimensions of 275 by 314 pixels with a resolution of 72 dpi), and with a contrasting background. Obstructive items should not be present. Please be mindful that a submission of defaced or poor-quality photography will automatically invalidate the candidate’s entry. For more information, visit www.waecnigeria.org.
- Candidates must familiarize themselves with the examination Regulations and Syllabuses, accessible for download from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates are required to attend the examination halls dressed casually and without any form of arms. Professional uniforms are strictly prohibited in the examination halls.
- The results of candidates sitting the examination in multiple centres will be entirely canceled. Smoking is prohibited within the examination hall.
- Candidates found with mobile phones and/or any other electronic devices in the examination hall will have their entire results canceled.
- Candidates must ensure the accuracy of their entries before uploading, as the Council will not accept responsibility for errors in candidates’ details. Requests for amendments will not be entertained for voluntarily provided information during registration.
- Candidates are obligated to bring their original Admission Notice to the examination hall.
- Engaging in examination malpractice will result in not only the cancellation of results but potential prosecution.
- Candidates must provide valid email addresses and telephone numbers during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to adhere to all COVID-19 regulations.