Do you want to apply and write the American College Testing (ACT) for this year. Here are the procedures to complete your ACT registration form online.
Introduction to ACT Application 2024
The ACT (American College Testing) is a standardized test used by colleges and universities in the United States to evaluate the academic readiness of high school students. The test measures the student’s proficiency in English, math, reading, and science reasoning, as well as an optional writing section.
The ACT tests are offered on a few specific dates every year, and registration for the ACT exam happens several weeks before the test date. For the upcoming year 2024, the ACT test will be offered several times throughout the year, including in February, April, June, July, September, October, and December.
To register for the ACT exam in 2024, students will need to visit the official ACT website and create an account. After creating an account, students can choose their preferred test date and location and submit the necessary information and payment for the test.
It is essential that students register for the ACT early, as the test dates fill up quickly, and late registration may not be available or will incur additional fees. Additionally, it is essential to ensure that the chosen test date aligns with the student’s academic and personal schedule to optimize their chances of achieving a high score and gaining admission to their desired college or university.
Important Dates and Deadlines for ACT Registration 2024
ACT Registration 2024 will take place on the following dates: 4th August and ends 18th August, September 22 – October 6, November 3 – 17 November.
- Registration opens about 2-3 months prior to the test date.
- The regular registration deadline is usually around 4-5 weeks before the test date.
- Late registration is usually available for an extra fee until about 2-3 weeks before the test date.
- Standby testing is usually available for students who miss the regular registration deadline, but it’s not guaranteed and may involve additional fees.
It’s important to note that test dates and deadlines may vary by location, so it’s best to check the ACT website for specific information and updates. Also, some test dates may be rescheduled or canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, such as natural disasters, so it’s a good idea to stay up to date on any announcements from the ACT.
How to Register for the ACT Exam in 2024
Follow the below steps to register for ACT Exam in 2023.
- Visit the official website of the ACT at act.org.
- Create an account.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on “Register for the ACT Test”.
- Select the test date that you want to take and the location.
- Fill out the required personal information, including your full name, mailing address, and school information.
- Choose the colleges or universities that you want to receive your test scores.
- Upload a photo of yourself for identification purposes.
- Review and confirm your registration details.
- Pay the required registration fee using a credit card or electronic check.
Once you complete the registration process, you will receive an email confirmation with details of your test registration. Make sure to check your email regularly for any updates or additional information about the test date and location.
ACT Test Fees and Fee Waivers for 2024 Registration
According to the official website of ACT, Below is the application fees for the Exam.
- ACT test fee without writing: $60.00
- ACT test fee with writing: $80.00
- Late registration fee: $35.00
- Standby testing: $55.00
Fee waivers are available for eligible students who are unable to pay the test fees. The following criteria determine eligibility for fee waivers:
- Currently enrolled in high school in the US or US territories
- US citizen or testing in the US or US territories
- Family income falls within the eligibility requirements
- Other criteria such as being enrolled in a federal free or reduced-price lunch program, or being part of a family receiving public assistance
Fee waiver recipients can take up to two tests for free, including the option to take up to two sections on a National test date. Contact your school counselor for additional information and to request fee waivers.
What to Expect on Test Day for ACT Registration 2024
Below are some things that a student can expect on test day for ACT application:
- Arrive Early: Arrive at the testing center at least 30 minutes early to allow time to check-in, find your test room, and settle in.
- Bring Required Items: Bring your admission ticket, photo ID, and at least two #2 pencils with erasers. A calculator is also allowed but check ACT’s website for approved models.
- Follow Instructions: Listen carefully to all instructions given by the test proctor and follow them exactly. Failure to do so may result in disqualification or a lower score.
- Don’t Panic: ACT is a challenging test, but try not to panic or get distracted by other students. Stay focused and keep a positive attitude.
- Manage Time: The ACT is a timed test, so manage your time wisely. Don’t spend too much time on any one question, but also don’t rush through the test without double-checking your work.
- Take Breaks: There are breaks scheduled throughout the test, so use them to rest, refresh, and refocus before moving on to the next section.
- Stay Calm: If you encounter a difficult question or section, take a deep breath, move on to other questions, and come back to it later if you have time. Don’t let one question or section ruin your whole test.
Remember, the ACT is just one part of the college admissions process, and a low score does not define your potential or future success. Stay motivated, keep working hard, and use your test scores as a tool to help you find a college that fits your goals and interests.