Are you an aspirant of yaba college of technology and you wish to know the courses offered in the school? Look no further as I’ll be providing you with all you need to know about Yabatech courses. Read on to know more.
Yabatech is a great option for anyone interested in pursuing a career in engineering, science, or technology. The polytechnic has a well-deserved reputation for providing quality education, and its graduates have found success in both the public and private sectors. Yabatech also offers a friendly and supportive environment for students. If you’re considering studying at Yabatech, you can be confident that you’ll receive a quality education and have a positive experience.
The Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech) is a polytechnic located in Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. It was founded in 1947 as the Yaba Higher College and later became the first technical college in Nigeria. Yabatech has since grown to become one of the leading technical institutions in Nigeria, offering courses in engineering, sciences, and technology.
The school has a reputation for providing quality education and is known for its cutting-edge research and innovation.
Yabatech offers a wide range of programs at the National Diploma, Higher National Diploma, and degree levels. The polytechnic is recognized by the National Board for Technical Education and is affiliated with the University of Lagos and the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Yabatech has a student population of over 20,000 and is known for its vibrant student life.
With that being said, let’s now dive into the list of yabatech Courses;
List of Yabatech Courses / Departments
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering / Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Estate Mangement And Valuation
- Fashion Design And Clothing Technology
- Food Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Industrial Maintenance Engineering Technology
- Leisure And Tourism management
- Library and Information Science
- Marine Engineering Technology
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Office Technology And Management
- Polymer Technology
- Printing Technology
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Textile Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Welding and Fabrication Technology
- Arts and Industrial Design
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering Technology
YABATECH Admission Requirements for UTME And Direct Entry Candidates
If you want to be a student of yaba college of technology, below are the requirements for both UTME and direct entry candidates.
1. O’Level Requirements: Candidates must posses a minimum of credit pass in relevant subject including maths and English language. This might be in WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or any other analogous examination.
2. To be eligible for admission to YABATECH, candidates must have scored at least 180 on the recently completed JAMB UTME.
3. Candidates must select the right and official subject combination for their courses in order to be admitted. Candidates with incorrect combo will be disqualified. See the official yabatech subject combo for all subjects here.
4. Candidates must register and write the YABATECH Post-UTME screening exam and score as high as possible in the exam. This is one of the score that will be calculated to get your aggregate score.
5. Candidates for direct entrance must purchase and register for YABATECH DE using the JAMB direct entry form.
6. Both UTME and direct entry candidates are to understand that yabatech accepts results from two sittings for admission. This means, you can apply for admission to YABATECH with a maximum of two sitting results. See how to integrate the results of two sittings here!
7. Candidates must be 16 years and above to be eligible for admission.
Yabatech Cut Off Mark 2024/2025
The official Yabatech cut off mark for the 2024/2025 session is 180. This means only candidates that score 180 and above in the 2024 UTME are the eligible candidates to process yabatech admission.
This 180 cut off mark is the general cut off mark for JAMB. For the departmental cut off mark, the school management will release it after the post utme screening examination.
Candidates are to note the above information about Yabatech Courses and their admission requirements. If you have any question, you can drop it in the comments box below; you’ll surely get a response as soon as possible.
Understand that we will continue to update this page as new information come in from the school. This is why you should bookmark this page or subscribe to our website to get prompt update.