Labour card scholarship 2023/2024 is now open to help people who are economically disadvantaged and can’t get the money they need to keep going to school. Beneficiaries will be able to take advantage of different types of programs, and they will get financial help based on the course they are taking in India.
In the article below, you can learn about the Labour Card Scholarship 2023 and how to apply for it online. We will also tell you what you need to do to be eligible for this scholarship, Labour card scholarship 2023 deadline (last date) and how the authority chooses who gets it (selection procedure)
- Mediclinic Nursing Training Scholarship in South Africa
- ESC Scholarship Grant Online Application Form
- Wacky Duct Tape Scholarship in USA
- Apply for $32,000 Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK
- Apply for California Scholarship Federation (CSF) in USA
About Labour Card Scholarships 2023
The Ministry of Labour and Employment offers scholarships called “Labour Card Scholarships” for people who work in the “unorganized sector” of the country’s economy. These people can enroll their children in these scholarships so that their children will have good opportunities in the future.
All working people who make less than a certain amount in a financial year are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This will help them get money so that their children can go to prestigious schools all over the country.
All of the beneficiaries will have until November 15, 2023, to fill out the application form for this scholarship.
Labour Card Scholarship Timeline 2023
|Scheme Name||Scholarship Closing Date||Defective Application Verification Date||Institute Verification|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Open till 31-10-2023||Open till 15-11-2023||Open till 15-11-2023|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric||Open till 30-09-2023||Open till 16-10-2023||Open till 16-10-2023|
List of Scholarship Schemes
The following types of incentives are available under the labour card scholarship scheme:-
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers.
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers.
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Cine Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Iron Ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) Workers.
- Megaworld Scholarship Application Form in Philippines
- University of Montana Scholarship Program in USA
- University of Rochester Merit Scholarship Application in USA
- University of Wyoming Scholarship Application in USA
- Arkwright Scholarship Application UK – Apply
Labour Card Scholarship Amount – Benefits
Check out the labour card scholarship amount list below
|First to 4th class||Rs 1000|
|Fifth to 8th class||1500 Rupees|
|9th class||Rs 2000|
|10th class||Rs 2000|
|11th and 12th class||Rs 3000|
|Degree courses||Rs 6000|
|Professional courses||Rs 25000|
Eligibility Requirements – Criteria
For an applicant to qualify for the Labour Card scholarships, he/she must meet the following criteria:
- Parents of the students should have worked for at least six months in Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, or Cine. This also includes people who work as Contract/Gharkhata (Home Based) workers.
- The total amount of money that the worker’s family makes each month from all sources should not be more than
- a. Beedi Workers – Rs.10,000/-
- b. Mine Workers –
- No matter how much they are paid, mineworkers who do manual, unskilled, highly skilled, or office work can use all of the services offered by the Labour Welfare Organization’s different welfare schemes.
- People who work as supervisors or managers can get help from different welfare programs if they make less than Rs.10,000 per month.
- “A sum not more than Rs.8,000/- per month, if paid monthly, or a sum not more than Rs.1,00,000/-, if paid in a lump sum or in installments, shall be the remuneration of a cine worker for the purposes of this Act.”
- The applicant must have passed the last qualifying examination on first attempt. But students who have been moved up to the next grade can also apply for the above scholarships.
- Scholars who do their schoolwork through the mail are not eligible.
- For a candidate to get a scholarship award, they must have been accepted into a regular course of study at a recognized institution in India. This could be in any field of general or technical education, such as medicine, engineering, or agriculture. But the following types of students are not eligible for scholarships through the program:
- Students who have finished one level of schooling and are now in the same level of schooling but studying a different subject. For example, B.Sc. after B.A., B.A. after B.Com., or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another.
- Students who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in a different course. e.g. B.Com. after B.A. or B.Sc. after B.Com or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another subject.
- The educational institute must be one that is run by or recognized by the government.
- Students who get scholarships or stipends from somewhere else will not be given money through this scheme.
A student may lose his/her scholarship award for the following reasons:
- If it turns out that the scholar lied in order to get the scholarship.
- If the person who gets the scholarship stops going to school, the scholarship will end on the date that the person stopped going to school.
- If the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was given or changes the school without getting the Welfare Commissioner’s permission first.
- If the scholar doesn’t do well enough in school, doesn’t show up often enough, or does something wrong during the academic year for which the scholarship was given.
- If the student’s parent(s) no longer work for Beedi, Mine, or Cine.
- The Scholar should have a bank account of his or her own. For a Joint Account, the Scholar’s first name should be on the account.
- If a worker has more than one child, each child should have their own bank account number.
- Every Scholar has to give a different Mobile Number.
Documents Required for Labour Card Scholarship
- Recent Photo: An applicant must Provide a copy of his/recent photo
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of Mineworkers) must be provided.
- Provide a passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque (which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary).
How to Apply for Labour Card Scholarship 2023
- First, the applicants must go to the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link here.
- Your screen will show you the home page.
- Click the link that says “New Registration.“
- Your screen will show you the application instructions (how to apply).C
- Tick the declaration.
- Click “Continue” to move on.
- Fill out all the fields.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Type in the code shown.
- Select “Register“ by clicking on it.
- Now you need to use your credentials to log in.
- Click the link that says “Application Form.”
- On the screen, the application form will be shown.
- Enter information like:
- the student’s state of residence
- date of birth
- community or category
- father’s name
- Aadhaar card number
- mobile number
- scholarship category
- gender, religion
- mother’s name
- annual family income
- email address, etc.
- Click “Save and continue“
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission.”
The application will be sent in successfully.
Check Application Status
- Firstly, the applicants must go to the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link here.
- Your screen will show you the home page.
- Click the button that says “Login.”
- Your screen will show you a new page.
- You have to choose your year from the drop-down.
- Your screen will show you a new page.
- Type in the ID and password for your application.
- Click the button that says “Submit.”
- Your screen will show you the application status.
For any technical queries, do well to contact the Help-desk through email at email@example.com or 0120 – 6619540 (from 8 AM to 8 PM on all days, excluding holidays)