Apply for scholarship at Howard University Scholarships 2024. Howard University is a private, research university located in Washington, D.C. that is known for its academic excellence and rich history of producing successful African American leaders. As a way to support its students and ensure that they have access to quality education, Howard University offers a range of scholarships to help students cover the cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
Scholarships at Howard are highly competitive, and the application process can be rigorous. However, for students who are able to earn a scholarship, the benefits can be significant. Scholarships can help reduce the overall cost of education, provide opportunities for research and internships, and allow students to focus on their studies without the burden of financial stress.
- Harvard Medical School (HMS) Requirements for International Students
- FSU Scholarships | Florida State University Scholarship
- Loughborough University Scholarships in UK
- New American University Scholarship Application in USA
List of Howard University Scholarships
Howard University Scholarships forms of financial aid you do not have to pay back. These types of scholarships are available from various organizations such as; Senators, Delegates, the federal government, community groups, departments, Howard University, etc.
Below is the full of scholarships at Howard University;
|DC College Access Program (DC Cap)||Scholarships|
|Donor Scholarship Application||Scholarships|
|Maryland Higher Education Commission (PHEAA)||Scholarships|
|Morgan Stanley HBCU Scholarship||Scholarships|
|Pennsylvania Higher Education (PHEAA)||Scholarships|
|Sam Haskell Scholarship||Scholarships|
|Thurgood Marshall College Find (TMCF)*||Scholarships|
|United Negro College Fund (UNCF – also known as Gates Millenium)||Scholarships|
NOTE: State scholarships will not be certified until after the census date for each respective academic semester. The Office of Financial Aid will begin the certification process on:
Fall 2022: October 1, 2023
Spring 2023: February 14, 2024
Thurgood Marshall College Fund’s deadline is July 28, 2024.
Please check Howard University’s 2023- 2024 Academic Calendar periodically as these dates are subject to change.
Howard University External scholarships
- Thurgood Marshall College Deadline: Varies United Negro College Fund www.uncf.org Deadline: March 31, 2023 (2024 deadline not yet announced)
- Rainbow Push Coalition (PUSH Excel Scholarship Program) Deadline: 2024 deadline not yet announced
- Congressional Black Caucus Deadline: 1st March 2024
- McDonald’s Black and Positively Golden Scholarships Deadline: not yet announced
- JLV College Counseling Deadline: Varies
- Nitro Deadline: Last day of each month
- Scholarships.com Deadline: Varies
- Tom Joyner Foundation Deadline: Varies
- Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation Deadline: April 30, 2024
- College Board Opportunity Scholarship Deadline: Varies
- Scholarship for Student Caregivers Deadline: Varies
- The Sleeknote Scholarship Nationally Coveted College Scholarships, Graduate Fellowships, and Postdoctoral Research Awards Programs Deadline: Varies
- Black Scholarships Deadline: Varies
- Local Radio Stations
- Community-Based Organizations/Churches
- Local Alderman/Mayor’s Office
- Graduate Chapters of Local Fraternities & Sororities
- Banks (Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, etc.)
The Sleeknote Scholarship Deadline: November , 2024
Scholarships for Non-US Students
Scholarships for Hispanic Students
Scholarships for Undocumented Students
- http://www.maldef.org/leadership/scholarships/ind ex.html
Asian American/Pacific Islander Scholarships
Scholarships for International Students/Exchange Visitors
- http://www.maldef.org/leadership/scholarships/ind ex.html
- https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/non-us- citizens
HOWARD UNIVERSITY FRESHMAN SCHOLARSHIPS (HUFS)
Available to incoming freshmen. The HUFS award criteria for incoming freshmen may change every year. No internal application is needed. Eligibility for merit-based awards is determined based on students’ SAT/ACT scores/high school GPAs that are entered into our system by the Office of Admissions.
Allocations for HUFS Transfer scholarships may change every year as well. This means funding may not be available every year for new transfer students. However, transfer students who previously received the HUFS Transfer awards may continue to receive them as long as they are meeting the criteria outlined in their contracts for renewal.
Eligibility for need-based HUFS awards is determined based on a range of students’ Expected Family Contributions (EFC). FAFSA is required for domestic students. ISFAA is required for international students. Students may accept their HUFS offers by accepting the Terms and Conditions on their BisonWeb portal in addition to signing and submitting the HUFS Acceptance Agreement to the Office of Financial Aid by the designated deadline.
HUFS awards will expire after 4 years of enrollment or if the undergraduate student graduates before completing 4 years. The full-time earned credits and cumulative GPA requirements are outlined in the eligibility requirements of the individual contracts.
Types of HUFS Awards- students are only able to receive one type of HUFS award below:
- HU Presidential Scholarship
- HU Achievers Scholarship
- HU Founders Scholarship
- HU Capstone Scholarship
- HU Leadership Scholarship
- HU Opportunity Grant
- HU Access Grant
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Howard University give full scholarship?
Howard University Scholarships updated list 2023 – 2024. You can study at Howard University on fully funded scholarships, partially funded scholarships, or awards. Howard University offers postgraduate and undergraduate programs in various disciplines.
How do I get a full-ride scholarship at Howard University?
The Howard University Freshman Scholarship Program is designed to assist accepted first-time college students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement throughout their secondary school career and have chosen to attend Howard University.
What GPA do I need to get a scholarship to Howard University?
Students must be in Good Academic Standing. Must have a 2.0 or higher… Good Academic standing. Must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
What type of scholarship does Howard University offer?
Types of HUFS Awards- students are only able to receive one type of HUFS award below: HU Presidential Scholarship. HU Achievers Scholarship. HU Founders Scholarship.
Does Howard University give full scholarships to international students?
International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA)
Although international students are not eligible to receive federal aid, the ISFAA allows for awarding of institutional aid (including Howard University Freshman programs).
How much money can I receive from scholarship at Howard University?
98.0% of first-year students (1,473 total) were awarded scholarships at Howard University, averaging $20,632 per person. This ranks in the top 20th percentile of all schools in the country. As well as scholarships, 46.0% of first-year students (682 total) got federal grant aid, for about $5,555 a person.
Can transfer students apply for scholarship at Howard University?
Yes, transfer students are eligible to apply for scholarships at Howard University. However, scholarship availability and eligibility criteria may vary for transfer students compared to incoming freshmen.