It is no news that learners prefer top schools over less recognized institutions. This is one reason most students strive to get admitted into places like the University of Queensland (UQ). How much more will it go when you get the offer to take any course at a top university in the world for free? To help you accomplish this we have put together facts to let you know about the University of Queensland scholarship 2023-2024 application.
The University of Queensland was founded by the Queensland parliament as a public institution in 1909. The institution is primarily located in Brisbane, Australia. This scholarship is an opportunity you do not want to miss out on, as this may be the very first significant step you will be taking to go into the real world and actualize your dream in life.
The University of Queensland currently ranks 36th in the list of the 50 best universities in the world. It is such an excellent impression considering that the world has over 25,000 universities. With the over 1,140 courses offered at the University of Queensland, it should be a great choice you don’t want to miss for anything.
UQ is one of the most generous universities in Australia offering several scholarships than you can imagine.
Read through this piece to confirm everything you might need to know about this scholarship, including the eligibility, how to apply, and others.
UQ Scholarship Application 2022-2023
|Scholarship Name||University Queensland Scholarships|
|Eligible Level||Undergraduates and Graduates|
|Deadline||Deadline for each UQ scholarship differs. The latest date is December 2023|
|Mode Of Application||All applications to be submitted online|
|Scholarship Application Link||https://uqawards.smapply.io/acc/l/?next=/prog/224773/apply/|
- Loughborough University Scholarships in UK
- University of Montana Scholarship Program in USA
- University of Rochester Merit Scholarship Application in USA
- University of Wyoming Scholarship Application in USA
Eligibility for University Queensland Scholarship
Rest assured you are most likely to meet the eligibility to apply for some of the top scholarship programs at the University of Queensland. But first, you must know the certain elements or factors that contribute to your eligibility for the UQ scholarship programs. They are:
- Level of study
- Enrolment status
- Study area
Whether you are a native or international student, current or new, or at a specific level of education (postgraduate, undergraduate, etc), these are things that will determine the required qualifications for you when applying. Some of the general eligibility you need to meet along the scholarship focus that can affect your application include:
- One thing that can make you eligible for a scholarship at the UQ is being a traveler. If you travel often to explore more in your studies then applying for a travel scholarship at the University of Queensland will be a great idea.
- Outstanding students in the creative area of studies such as music and arts can also apply to study a befitting course on scholarship at the University.
- Students who also need some assistance to cover their cater for their accommodation costs can get a scholarship at UQ for this reason.
- Academic excellence is a criterion that could help you fit in to apply and stand a chance of getting admitted into the UQ. Your intelligence as a student can help you a long way in this case.
- Are you a skilled sportsperson who would like to further your education at the University of Queensland? Then you’ll get a scholarship program meant for you.
- Students who wish to be educated but experience financial hardship are also a get fit for this scholarship, similar to a Commonwealth scholarship target.
- The scholarship program is also for students who would like to boost their employability by taking extra courses.
Are you for any reason not sure whether to go for this or a student loan? Then you may need to check out our previous article to know how a student loan is different from a scholarship.
Scholarships Available at University of Queensland, Australia
The following are some top scholarships available for you at the University of Queensland.
- Liveries Academy Undergraduate Scholarship
- Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship
- Faculty of Science Placement Enabling Grant
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Scholarship
- Earmarked Scholarships Scheme to support Category 1 project grants
- TC Beirne School of Law Leadership, Excellence and Diversity
- Scholarship in Qualitative Biology
- Elevated Scholarship: Boosting Women in STEM
- UQ Excellence Scholarship
The UQ scholarships deadline differ from one scholarship to another. According to the official website, latest date for the scholarship application is December 2022. Therefore, all interested students are encouraged to submit their online applications before the deadline.
How to apply for the University of Queensland scholarship 2023
- Firstly, an applicant should navigate the scholarship application portal
- Click on the “Register” button by right hand corner of your computer screen.
- Create a profile by entering your name, email and password (if you are just starting your application) or login to you profile by entering your email and password (if you already created profile).
- Verify that you are not robot
- Go to your mailbox to verify the link sent to you.
- The verification link to the University of Queensland application page. Click on “Start” to begin your application.
Check Out More scholarships on the University of Queensland website: https://scholarships.uq.edu.au/scholarships?op=Browse+scholarships