Study in Australian National University under a fully funded scholarship. ANU has opened the Tuckwell Scholarship Program for 2023-2024 academic session for all eligible undergraduate students.
Go through this post and see the eligibility criteria, application process and selection process for the scholarship.
About Tuckwell Scholarship
The Tuckwell Scholarship Program is happy to announce that 25 scholarships will be given to students who will start their first year of college at ANU in February 2023. This is the tenth year that the program has given out scholarships.
“We are thrilled to welcome another 25 truly exceptional young people from all over Australia into the Tuckwell community,” said Dr. Louise Tuckwell AO, the founder of Tuckwell. “This year, the panel was impressed by their academic and personal accomplishments as well as how much they cared about their different communities.”
“The Tuckwell Scholarship is a unique and life-changing chance for exceptional young people to get together, share their ideas, and inspire each other,” said the scholarship’s founder, Dr. Graham Tuckwell AO. “Once again, we got a huge number of high-quality applications this year, and I’m sure that these talented young people will not only live up to the Tuckwell values, but they will also motivate others to work hard and do their best.”
The most important undergraduate scholarship program in Australia is the Tuckwell Scholarship Program at the ANU. With a total scholarship award worth up to $140,000, it gives students money for five years of full-time study. This lets them make the most of their time at university, including the many academic, social, cultural, athletic, and leadership opportunities that come with life on campus.
- Rhodes Scholarship Application in UK [Fully Funded]
- Scholarship Partners Canada | Find a Scholarship in Canada
Tuckwell Scholarship Application 2023/2024
|Application opens in March 2023
|Application closes in April 2023
|Number of Scholarships
|25 scholarships are available
|Australian National University (ANU)
|$23,000 per annum
Tuckwell Scholarship Requirements 2024
To apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship for study at ANU commencing in 2024, applicants must:
- be eligible to apply to study at ANU in 2024 via the ANU Direct Application system.
- commence and complete Year 12 full-time in 2024, at a school located in Australia.
- be 17, 18 or 19 years old on 20 February 2024 (born on or between 21 February 2003 and 20 February 2006), being commencement of Semester 1, 2023.
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of an Australian humanitarian visa, and be in possession of the relevant Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate or Visa by 22 May 2023, being the closing date for Stage 2 applications this year.
- be predicted by their school to achieve an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of 95 or higher. Applicants who are eligible for consideration under the Educational Access Scheme (EAS) may apply for a Tuckwell Scholarship if they are predicted by their school to achieve an ATAR of 90 or higher.
- have undertaken:
- at least one high school English course/unit in at least one semester during Year 11 or Year 12; and
- at least one high school Maths course/unit in at least one semester during Year 11 or Year 12.
- Scholars must commence an undergraduate program at ANU in Semester 1, 2024.
- Scholars must adhere to the Tuckwell Scholarship’s Conditions of Award, as amended from time to time, for the full duration of their Scholarship.
How to Apply for Tuckwell Scholarship 2023
Applying in 2023 to start studying at Australian National University (ANU) in 2024
Before commencing the application, you should:
- Review the Conditions of Award;
- Read the Scholarship Application Guide;
- Discuss your interest, suitability and eligibility for the Scholarship with a teacher, principal, Head of Year or careers counsellor.
To apply to start studying at Australian National University (ANU) on a Tuckwell Scholarship in 2024, you must:
- Complete and submit the ANU Direct Application as soon as possible and before April 2024 deadline
- Complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form of Stage 1 as soon as possible and before April 2024 deadline.
If you want to apply for a Tuckwell Scholarships, the ANU Direct Application will ask if you want to, and you must answer “yes.” After you send in your ANU Direct Application, you will get an email inviting you to the Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form. This will happen within two business days. The sooner you send in your ANU Direct Application, the sooner you can access the Tuckwell Scholarship Stage 1 Application Form.
The Tuckwell application then has three steps:
Stage 1: opens in March 2024 and ends in April 2024
In Stage 1, you are asked for information about yourself and what you do outside of school. If, after your application, you are shortlisted for Stage 1, we will ask your Head of Year or equivalent for more information. Your Head of Year or a person with the same job will only need to give this information if the program asks for it. This information will be used to pick the 150 candidates who will move on to the next stage.
Stage 2 will start in May 2024. (3PM AEST)
In Stage 2, you’ll be asked longer questions that show the Selection Panel more about who you are, not just what you’ve done. It also has a recommendation from your principal. The program will contact your principal, who will need to give a reference by the May deadline. This information will be used to choose the 50 candidates who will move on to the third stage.
Stage 3 takes place in July 2024
Stage 3 has always been a face-to-face interview at ANU. But because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), interviews have been done online for the past two years. Details will be sent to those who have been chosen by mid-June. During the interview, the Selection Panel will learn about you, such as how you best show the Tuckwell attributes and how you are connected to and care about Australia. The final candidates are chosen based on how well they fit with the program and how well they fit with the other students. The 25 Tuckwell Scholars for 2024 will be chosen based on this information.
We strongly suggest that you get in touch with your potential referees well before the application deadline(s) so they can find out more about the application process and start working on your reference as soon as possible.
- TESDA Scholarship Online Application Form
- Apply for Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Google Udacity Scholarship program
- SEPLAT Scholarship Application for Undergraduates
- Loughborough University Scholarships in UK
- How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Eton Kings Scholarship Application in UK
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the Tuckwell Scholarship?
To apply for a Tuckwell Scholarships to study at ANU starting in 2024, you must: be able to use the ANU Direct Application system to apply to study at ANU in 2024. Start Year 12 full-time in 2024 and finish it at an Australian school.
How many people apply Tuckwell?
Twenty-five students from all over Australia were chosen from a group of almost 1,400 applicants, which is almost twice as many as the previous record. Scholars were chosen based on their intelligence, character, ability to lead, and dedication to Australia. Emmanuel College is a company.
How do I apply for Tuckwell?
To apply for a Tuckwell Scholarships to start at ANU in 2024, you must: Fill out and send in the ANU Direct Application as soon as possible and before the deadline in April 2023 AND. Fill out the Tuckwell Scholarships Stage 1 Application Form as soon as you can and send it in before the deadline in April 2024.