The Skagit County Scholarships Foundation is one of more than 800 community foundations in the US, committed to improving the lives of people in a specified geographic area.
Community foundations convey together the visions, generosity, and resources of individuals, families, and businesses to help their local nonprofit sector.
About Skagit County Scholarships
In 1991, a little group of civic leaders in Anacortes foresaw a community foundation that could fulfill their hopes and dreams for a performing arts hub. A concert fundraiser featuring Burl Ives and friends made the funds to establish the first endowment for a performing arts center that would become McIntyre Hall.
Supporters also established endowments for libraries, parks, museums, scholarships, and their favored nonprofit organizations.
Skagit County Scholarships for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- Semillas de Esperanza Scholarship for undocumented or DACA students from any high school in Skagit County. Due April 4, 2024
- Roger and Lea Rae Reep Scholarship for Mount Vernon High School graduating seniors. Due April 30, 2024 – Updated!
- Otto Walberg Memorial Scholarship for graduating high school female softball players in Skagit County. Due April 30, 2024
- Allen Lowe Memorial Scholarship for Mt. Vernon or La Conner High School graduating seniors. Due April 18, 2023
- Alice Suave/P.E.O. Chapter G.B. Scholarship for Mount Vernon High School female students. Due April 30, 2024
- Virginia Carlson Scholarship for students living in the Lake McMurray Fire District. Due March 1, 2024
- Clarence and Eileen Summers Scholarship for high school students who are members of the First Baptist Church or Cascade Christian Church Due April 18, 2023
- Sandra Noblet Scholarship: Apply via the Burlington Edison Alumni Foundation Dollars for Scholars website
- James Beckner, M.D. Medical Scholarship for students from Skagit County observing medical school. Due August 30, 2023 (2024 deadline not yet announced)
- Beinecke Scholarship Application
- UTSA Scholarship Hub
- BMO Leader Of Tomorrow Scholarship
- Allan Grey Orbis Scholarships Application in South Africa
- $1,000 Jason Kulpa Scholarship in USA – How to Apply
Skagit County Scholarship Amount
We are thankful to be able to help the vital programs, projects, and services our local nonprofit sector supplies. Our community is more connected, resilient, and better off because of the benevolence of donors. In 2021 we provided $1,083,742 to 76 organizations,128 Grants Made.
How to Apply for a Skagit County Scholarship Foundation
- First, you’ll need to enroll as a user on the site, please use the high school or university that you’re presently attending as the organization associated with you.
During enrollment, it is alright if you don’t have information for many of the demanded fields, you’ll be able to avoid the required fields by checking a box at the base of the form.
- Next, you’ll identify the scholarship that you’ll apply to. Please note that not all of the scholarships we promote are documented on the portal, some need to be applied directly. Please contact Maddy via email or phone with any questions!
- Do not select any of the “grants” options to apply for, these processes are not open to individuals pursuing scholarships.
- Please contact Skagit Community Foundation Executive Director Maddy MacKenzie with any questions.
email@example.com | 360-419-3181