The QUT equity scholarship program is open to all eligible students who cannot afford to pay the cost of their education. It is designed to offer financial assistance to students whose families suffer low income and financial hardship.
What is QUT scholarship program?
The QUT Equity Scholarship is a need-based scheme available to all current and future QUT students who qualify. Each year, low-income students can get more than $4 million in scholarships, bursaries, and computers through the QUT Equity Scholarship Scheme.
Before you apply for the QUT financial assistance, you just meet the criteria as outlines on this page and application must be submitted before the deadline. In this article, I will lead you through the QUT Scholarship application process, eligibility requirements, scholarship amount for both domestic and international students.
Eligibility Requirements for QUT Scholarship 2024
- from a family with low income
- having trouble paying their bills
When deciding who gets the money, personal hardship will also be taken into account. Some examples of these are:
- personal medical conditions
- family members who have special needs.
- Applicant must not be a single-unit study students
- Cross-institutional students are not eligible to apply
- QUT College students are not eligible to apply
SEE ALSO: Haileybury Scholarships Application
- Applicants are to provide individual transaction histories for the last two months. Make sure that your name and the current balance of your account are written down. We can’t accept files in Word, Excel, or CSV.
- income proof: a copy of the parent’s or caregiver’s income if the child is financially dependent and/or lives at home.
- income proof from the partner (if partnered)
- Provide Centrelink Income Statement for Youth Allowance, Austudy, ABSTUDY or other pension or benefit if you haven’t completed the Centrelink consent form
- Notice of Assessment from the Australian Tax Office for the last financial year (please provide us with recent payslips covering at least two months if you are unable to provide this document). If you depend on your family for money and/or live with them, you must also show proof of their income.
If you’re eligible because of personal hardship, you’ll need to explain on the application form how your personal circumstances, either in the past or the present, have made it hard for you to study and focus on your life.
Application Opening Date and Deadline
The deadline to apply for Semester 2, 2023, has passed. Applications for Sem 1, 2024 will open mid-October.
If you filled out an application and sent in all the necessary documents by Monday, July 25, 2024, you will receive an outcome by the end of week 2 of classes in Semester 2, 2024.
How Compatible is Equity Scholarship with existing programs?
- If you are a Smith Family Learning for Life student, you are guaranteed an Equity Scholarship of $3,500 per year. If you start in Semester 2, your first payment will be $1,750. You will have to fill out a form every year.
- If you start the Q-Step Scheme, you are guaranteed an Equity Scholarship of $3,500 for one year (or $1,750 if you start in Semester 2). This will be given automatically, so you don’t need to fill out an application.
- If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student who is just starting school, you will get a $1,500 Equity bursary. This will be given automatically, so you don’t need to fill out an application. If you want to be considered for any of the higher-value scholarships in the scheme, like the Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships, you will need to fill out an application. If that application is accepted, you won’t get the $1,500 bursary. Instead, you’ll get the larger scholarship.
How to Apply for Qut Equity Scholarship 2024
- First, you can apply for the scholarship program when you apply for admission to a QUT research degree. You don’t need to fill out a separate application for the equity scholarship.
- Before you apply, you’ll need to get permission from the person you want to be your supervisor, so get in touch soon and start getting your documents ready.
- The form can take up to an hour to fill out, so please give yourself enough time to answer all of the questions.
- You can save your progress and pick up where you left off if you need to stop and take a break.
- Try to have all the documents you need on hand, as it will make filling out the form easier.
Specific financial amounts available (Equity Scholarship Amount)
Scholarship amount for domestic students:
- an Equity Scholarship worth of $7,500 per year for up to four years (there are limited scholarships available at this value)
- an Equity Scholarship of $5,000 per year for up to four years (there are limited scholarships available at this value)
- an Equity Scholarship of $5,000 for one year (there are limited scholarships available at this value)
- an Equity Scholarship of $3,500 for one year
- an Equity Bursary of $1,500 for one semester
- an Equity computer (with the capacity to access internet). You can only receive an Equity computer every third year (i.e. if you received one in 2021 or in 2022, you can’t receive one in 2023).
Scholarship amount for International students:
- an Equity Bursary of $1,500 for one semester
- an Equity computer (with the capacity to access internet). You can only receive an Equity computer every third year (i.e. if you received one in 2021 or in 2022, 2023 you can’t receive one in 2024).