The Besio Family is offering a $25,000 worth of scholarship to all eligible students of high academic achievement. It is offered annually. To apply and win this scholarship, you must pass through some processes ranging from the application to the scholarship award. On this page, you will learn all you need to know about the Besio family scholarships, such as the eligibility criteria, the documents required, how to apply, application opening and closing dates, how to apply and the selection process. Let’s get started.
What is Besio Family Scholarship All About – Description?
Besio scholarship program is a scholarship award given to students with high academic achievements. Such achievements must be demonstrated by a scholar.
Scholarships given out by the Besio Family are given out separately from any other forms of financial aid that students may be eligible for and receive. The availability of the scholarship and the status will typically expire four years after the date of the student’s initial enrollment as a merit scholar.
In addition, the scholarship and status will not be extended to additional semesters to make up for any semesters in which the student was not a merit scholar. This grant is given out based on the applicant’s intended field of study.
After three semesters of study, participants of the Notre Dame Scholars’ Program scholarship who later decide they want to pursue a different academic path are required to contact the Faculty Director of the program in order to convert to another scholarship. Scholars will be transferred to another scholarship program that offers an award that is equivalent to their current tuition assistance.
See Also: Get Scholarship and Study Abroad
Besio Scholarship Amount: Awards 25,000 per year for four years
- Restrictive Early Action: Nov 1
- Regular Decision: Jan 1
Eligibility Requirements for Besio Family Scholarship
To qualify for this scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment.
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be maintained: If a scholar’s cumulative grade point average is lower than the requirement at the end of the second semester of their freshman year, or at the end of any subsequent semester, they will be placed on scholarship probation but will keep the scholarship for the next semester. They will then be given the opportunity to restore an overall grade point average that is more than 3.0. If they have a cumulative average lower than 3.0 for two consecutive semesters, the scholarship will not be renewed for the subsequent semester. If scholars bring their cumulative grade point average back up to at least 3.0, they will be eligible to recover their scholarships.
- Academic intent in engineering or business: If a scholar changes their mind about what they want to study after three semesters of enrollment in the Notre Dame Scholars’ Program, they are required to tell the Faculty Director of the Notre Dame Scholars’ Program in order to switch to another scholarship. The scholars will be transferred to a different merit scholarship that offers an award that is equivalent to their tuition scholarship. However, if a scholar receives funding for enrichment as part of their initial award, that cash will no longer be guaranteed to them after this change.
- upkeep of a respectable standing in both the academic community and the disciplinary system: If a scholar is placed on academic or disciplinary probation or dismissed from the program, they will immediately lose their scholarship as well as their status as a scholar, and their case will not be taken into consideration for reinstatement.
- University merit scholarship consideration is given for a maximum of eight semesters. The scholar will not have their eligibility for the award increased to take into account any semester(s) in which they did not meet the conditions for the scholarship.
- Have outstanding academic achievement(s)
- Be committed to service
- Be majoring in the College of Engineering or Mendoza College of Business
SEE ALSO: St. Clare’s Scholarships for Women
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition for up to four years of undergraduate study. This award is different from any other financial aid that a scholar may qualify for and receive.
How to Apply for Besio Family Scholarships
To apply for the scholarship, the the online application portal and submit your application. Ensure all details provided are correct.