About Eton Kings Scholarship
The goal of the examination is to select the King’s Scholars, accommodated in College under the care of the Master-in-College. The number of vacancies in College changes from year to year, but averages fourteen. An Election Roll is published at Eton after the examination. The Roll contains all those who have qualified for King’s Scholarships, and the Annah Shaw and Martineau awards.
Eton Kings Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must either be aged 13 on Monday 1 September 2024 or must have turned 14 during August 2024
where Eton has previously agreed that the boy may defer his entry by a year due to an August birthday.
- All candidates from UK schools are required to have taken the computerized Eton List Conditional Place Test and achieve a satisfactory score. Those boys who have not already taken the test at the age of 11 may still apply and will be required to take the test on Tuesday 25 January 2024.
- Applications received after Monday 3 January 2024 will be required to take the test on Tuesday 8 February 2024. Those who achieve a satisfactory score will then be entered for the Scholarship examination.
- For candidates attending schools outside the UK who are not registered, an alternative option is available which would avoid travel to the UK for assessment and hence reduce costs. Such candidates may be assessed by UKiset (https://www.ukiset.com/), taking their test locally and the results submitted to the Director of
Admissions. A decision would then be made as to whether the candidate would be eligible to sit for the King’s Scholarship. Eton would prefer that the test is taken in the autumn term (September – December) of the scholarship year but would consider tests taken earlier. Those considering this option should contact UKiset either by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 (0) 207 766 9792. UKiset must provide the complete set of results to email@example.com by 5 January 2024.
- Prior to Friday 25 March 2024, we must receive from a candidate’s current head teacher a report which demonstrates to our satisfaction that the candidate is sufficiently strong academically to sit the King’s Scholarship examination.
- No boy who is already in the school may compete.
- If a candidate is found to have accepted a scholarship or similar award at another school, he shall not be allowed to sit for or complete the examination, or if he has completed the examination his name shall not appear on or shall be removed from the Election Roll unless the authorities of the school where he has already obtained an award shall first have signified to the Provost their concurrence in the boy’s candidature at Eton.
Eton Kings Scholarship Examinations 2023-2024
The examinations for potential King’s Scholars are held at Eton in late April and/or early May for entry in September. Candidates must either be aged 13 on Monday 1 September of the year of entry or have turned 14 during August that year, where Eton has previously agreed that the boy may defer his entry by a year due to an August birthday.
Applications must be returned to Admissions by the date shown in the current Prospectus: a candidate does not need to be registered in order to apply. The application form is relevant only for the current year of entry, as shown on the website.
Admissions offer some open afternoons for boys in Year 8 to give potential candidates and their parents the opportunity to learn about the College House environment and details of the King’s Scholarship examinations.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE UK
- The Scholarship Hub: Find Free Scholarships in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Roux Scholarship Programme in UK – How to Apply
- Black Heart Foundation Scholarship Application in UK & US
- BPP University Scholarship in the United Kingdom (UK) – How to Apply
- Football Scholarship Application in UK
How To Apply for Eton Kings Scholarship 2023-2024
Boys who have a conditional place must, on the application form, choose whether they are applying for a King’s Scholarship, and hence a place in College, or not.
If having submitted the application form, a parent wishes to reverse the decision as to whether their son is applying for a King’s Scholarship or not, he/she must both confirm this by e-mail and by phone with Mrs. Sally Hayter in Admissions. After the deadline of 5 January 2024, the decision is irreversible.
All candidates without a conditional place who take the examinations must apply for a place in College. A copy of the application form for a candidate not holding a place at Eton College may be downloaded from the webpage www.etoncollege.com/admissions/scholarships-and-awards/kings-scholarships. Candidates holding a conditional place (and their schools) will be sent a shortened application form by email in October.
NB: Applications and other documents should be sent by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 January 2024 wherever possible. Any applications that arrive after this date will not be processed.
Eton Kings Scholarship Deadline 2024
All applications to take the King’s Scholarship examination must be received by 5 January 2024, The 2024 Scholarship Examination will take place between Tuesday 3 May and the afternoon of Thursday 5th.
Eton Kings Scholarship FAQs
Below are frequently asked questions about Eton Kings Scholarship. Feel free to contact them at the button of this article if you still have questions.
What is a King’s Scholar at Eton?
Did Boris Johnson get a scholarship to Eton?
Yes. Johnson gained a King’s Scholarship to study at Eton College, a boarding school near Windsor in Berkshire.
How do you get a Kings scholarship?
Can you get a scholarship to Eton?
Is Eton difficult to get into?
How much is Eton per year?
|Publication||The Chronicle Etonomics The Lexicon|
|School fees||£46,296 per year US$55,875 per year|
Is Eton a boarding school?
How many bursaries does Eton have?
Who went to Eton College?
Can girls go to Eton?
Why is Eton College so good?
What CAT score do you need for Eton?
What do Eton students wear?
What is the female equivalent of Eton College?
c/o Mrs. Sally Hayter via email@example.com or 01753 370612.