About Scholarship League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
Deadline and Opening Dates
Eligibility and Requirements
- All Applicants must be an openly self-identified members of the LGBTQ+ Community
- All Applicants must be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship.
- All Applicants must be US citizens or be lawful immigrants.
- All Applicants must be observing an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the US or Canada. Confirmation of acceptance is needed.
- All Applicants must supply an OFFICIAL copy of their high school transcript showing a CGPA of 3.0 or better using a 4.0 ranking or equal. The weighted average can be used in these computations. If the applicant’s high school does not use a numerical grading scheme, then a full report of the standards of success and necessities for graduation is needed.
- All Applicants must write two personal essays as drafted on the application form.
- All Applicants must supply at least two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- All Applicants must compose a detailed list of community service. The heavier weight is given to those actions and leadership roles connecting directly to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ+) societies.
- All Applicants must sign a declaration form agreeing to the listed terms and conditions of the application.
Presently, the LEAGUE Foundation has four awards for reference and each student application is automatically checked for each. These four awards are:
- Laurel Hester Memorial Scholarship (one award yearly)
- Matthew Shepard Memorial Scholarship (one award yearly)
- Tyler Clementi Memorial Scholarship (one award yearly)
- LEAGUE Foundation Scholarship (up to 9 awards yearly)
How To Apply for League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
The application process is easy as everything can be done on the official website of the foundation.
The documentation that you will need to deliver within the application are:
- An official copy of the high school transcript will show a CGPA of 3.0 or better using a 4.0 ranking.
- two personal essays as drafted on the application form
- two letters of recommendation of request from non-family members
- list of community services, particularly if they are connected directly to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender societies.
League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Amount
League Foundation has granted 195 college scholarships summing 423,500 dollars to self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBTQ+)
All judgments of the selection panel are final. Scholarship proceeds are sent straight to the school where the applicant will be schooling. Funds are not given straight to the student. Inquiries regarding the application process can be referred to info@LEAGUEFoundation.org.