If you apply for the John Monash postgraduate Scholarship in 2024, you must intend to begin your studies in 2024. The John Monash Scholarships are awarded for the start of a postgraduate study program the following calendar year after application and selection.
About John Monash Scholarship
Each year, applications are available online beginning from May 1st and close in mid-July. Typically, the scholarship platform receives over 300 applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you start an online application early so that you can go back and edit/save it as many times as necessary before the deadline.
From August to September, first-round interviews are held in person and across the country. This process is attended by approximately 100 candidates.
In October, national interviews are held in person over two days in Sydney and Melbourne. A total of 40 candidates will be shortlisted for this position.
In-person interviews are subject to change and may be conducted virtually due to travel constraints. Applicants who are not currently residing in Australia may be offered online interviews. To prepare for your online interview, please read our Video Conferencing Guide.
Every year in November, between 10 and 20 scholarships are awarded to John Monash Scholars. The John Monash Scholars are officially announced at a presentation ceremony hosted by the Patron in Chief, Australia’s Governor-General.
John Monash Scholarship Requirements 2024
John Monash Scholarships are given to outstanding Australian graduates each year to help them pursue postgraduate studies at the world’s best universities. Successful applicants have demonstrated excellence in their field, leadership potential, and a desire to contribute to Australia’s better future.
To be a John Monash scholar, applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Have finished (or are about to finish) a degree at an Australian university.
- Make plans to begin postgraduate studies abroad in the calendar year following the year of application.
- Be able to defend the merits of your chosen course and institution, as well as how they are best positioned to drive progress in your chosen field of study.
Key selection criteria
John Monash Scholarship Timeline
NOTE: You will be assigned to an interview panel based on the Australian state/territory address you provided in your application. If you will be abroad during the dates listed below, please include your current overseas address in your application so that you can be assigned to a virtual conference panel.
John Monash scholarship application opens on 1st May and closes in Mid July of every year. Therefore, the 2024 John Monash scholarships application opens on Monday 1st of May and closes on Friday 14th of July 2024 at 11:59pm AEST.
|Scholarship Name||John Monash Foundation|
|Scholarship Opening Date||1st-May 2024|
|Victoria First Round Panels (1)||26-August|
|Victoria First Round Panels (2)||29-August|
|-Tasmania First Round Panels||31-August|
|South Australia First Round Panels||2-September|
|NSW First Round Panels (1)||5-September|
|NSW First Round Panels (2)||7-September|
|NT First Round Panels||9-September|
|Virtual First Round Panels (1)||12-September|
|Queensland First Round Panels||14-September|
|ACT First Round Panels||16-September|
|Virtual First Round Panels (2)||19-September|
|WA First Round Panels||21-September|
|National Panels – Sydney (1)||10-October|
|National Panels – Sydney (2)||11-October|
|National Panels – Melbourne (1)||13-October|
|National Panels – Melbourne (2)||14-October|
Benefits of John Monash Scholarship
What does the John Monash scholarships offer to scholars? Scholarship winners are entitled to the following:
- Select the best overseas university for your field of study.
- Receive $75,000 AUD for each year of study (a total of $225,000 AUD if you study for three years).
- Travel assistance and advice for international relocation.
- Join a collaborative and active community of 233 John Monash Scholars from Australia and many other countries.
- Acceptance into the John Monash Foundation Leadership Academy will provide you with lifelong professional development as well as increase your capacity for international collaboration and leadership in your field.
- Receive an additional fee waiver from our partner universities
- Kings College London
- Cranfield University
- IE University
- The University of Groningen
How to Apply for John Monash Scholarship 2024
- Visit the application page by clicking on https://www.johnmonash.com/scholarships/apply-now
- Create an applicant’s profile
- Submit all the required information and make sure to attach the required documents
- Submit your application and wait for the foundation’s feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much scholarship can I get in Monash University?
25% of tuition fees paid per year until you have completed the required number of credit points for your degree (awarded to the second two highest achieving students).
Does Monash University offer full scholarships?
Monash University does not offer a fully funded scholarship. It only takes care of 25% of tuition fees paid per year until you have completed the required number of credit points for your degree
Can you get multiple scholarships at Monash?
You may be able to hold multiple scholarships at Monash. In general, you can only have one merit scholarship and one equity scholarship at a time. You may also be eligible for an accommodation, travel/placement, or music scholarship.