The Helen W Nies Memorial Scholarship contains facilitates the participation of female lawyers in the legal discipline, acknowledging the contributions of women lawyers to the community in general, emphasizing academic distinction, managing needs, and promoting the welfare of women law students in the academic property.
NB: Only one Helen W. Nies Memorial Scholarship is granted annually.
About Helen W. Nies Memorial Scholarship
An award will be given in the reminiscence of Helen W. Nies, ex-Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Special concerns consist of encouraging the participation of female attorneys in the felony profession, recognizing the contributions of ladies legal professionals to society in general, highlighting educational excellence, addressing needs, and advancing the hobby of ladies regulating college students in the mental property.
Federal Circuit Bar Association is a countrywide company for the bar of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The management of the Association comes from all areas of the united states and represents all areas of the felony neighborhood of the Federal Circuit. The Association used to be prepared to unite the one-of-a-kind businesses that exercise inside the criminal neighborhood of the Federal Circuit.
- Airmen Memorial Foundation Scholarship – Apply Now!
- Apply for Ed Bitz Scholarship
- Lagos State Scholarship Board
- Google Lime Scholarship for Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- Study Abroad: Cyprus International University Turkey
Deadline and Opening dates
The Submission Window for 2024 Applications is tentatively set to be open from March 1st, 2024, thru April 15, 2024.
Some utility closing dates have no longer been announced. In these cases, the dates posted are based totally on the scholarship provider’s most current information. Please verify every cut-off date by way of the provider’s website.
Helen W. Nies Memorial Scholarship awards of $10,000 would be granted in the reminiscence of Helen W. Nies.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be eligible for the Helen W. Nies Memorial Scholarship, All applicants
- Must be Female
- The award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Certain requirements exist (These are confined in the text.)
- Scholarship Cover page, CV
- Demonstrated financial need
- Registering for the forthcoming academic year as a J.D. student, in any law school approved by the ABA
- Interest in Intellectual Property
How to Apply for Helen W. Nies Memorial Scholarship
To apply for the Helen W. Nies Memorial Scholarship please practice online from this website. You have to additionally upload a single PDF structure file on that page that consists of every of the following:
- Scholarship cover page
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate and regulation faculty transcripts and
- An original, typed essay written by way of the applicant alone. The essay is restrained to no extra than 450 words, on one page, and ought to tackle the applicant’s economic need, any pastimes in specific areas of the law, and any particular skills for a precise scholarship viewed applicable with the aid of the applicant (i.e., please spotlight which scholarship you experience you are exceptionally certified to receive).
Applications might also encompass unofficial transcripts and want no longer consist of a letter of recommendation. For these candidates who will commence regulation college in the upcoming (i.e., 2023-24) educational year and can’t grant a regulation faculty transcript, please post a replica of your letter of acceptance to regulation school.
Any inquiry associated with the software might also be despatched to the Co-Chairs and Vice-Chairs of the FCBA Scholarship Committee, Richard McNeely, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jacob Schroeder, email@example.com, Gabe Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org and Jennifer Doan, email@example.com. Please discover your submission through “FCBA Scholarship Submission” in the “Subject” line. Unfortunately, the Association can’t method incomplete applications, nor will the Association contact a man or woman noting the deficiencies in the utility due to the fact the quantity of purposes is robust.