CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Program 2023 is now open to all eligible persons. Therrefore, all interested candidates are advised to fill and submit the scholarship form through the appropriate method. To encourage students to pursue their education in STEM fields, the CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Program was founded.
About CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship
Dr. Bernard A. Harris, Jr. Memorial Scholarships support minority students interested in a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Dr. Harris is an exemplary role model committed to acting as a mentor to scholarship recipients. He is a former astronaut, physician, and businessman.
Dr. Bernard Harris and the Council of the Great City Schools (CGCS) firmly believe that education is essential for our nation’s advancement, development, and economic expansion. They have formed a collaboration to raise awareness of the demand for more math and science graduates, particularly among marginalized groups. They are working to encourage students of color who want to major in math or science by offering this award.
YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT
- Wifle Scholarship Program – Apply 2022-23
- Apply for $32,000 Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-24
- John Lepping Memorial Scholarship – Apply Now!
- Got A Spine Scholarship – How To Apply
- Study Abroad: Cyprus International University Turkey
Eligibility and Requirements
Applications should demonstrate the applicant’s high school academic success, leadership abilities, or volunteer work in the fields of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, as well as their dedication to pursuing careers in these fields.
• The applicant’s unweighted GPA must be at least 3.0.
• Been accepted as a full-time student at a four-year university.
• Must enroll in a public school in a district served by the Council of the Great City Schools. The list of Council of the Great City Schools (CGCS) districts can be found HERE. (Toronto-based students are ineligible.)
CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Amount
Two African American and two Hispanic seniors who plan to major in STEM-related disciplines in college next year will each receive two $5,000 scholarships.
Deadline and opening dates
- The CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Program Opens – on February 1st, 2024 10:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time)
- The deadline for the CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Program is – May 6th, 2024 11:59 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)
How To Apply for CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship
This application must be submitted online by May 6, 2023, in order to be considered for the 2023 scholarship. To start your application, click HERE.
A committee chosen by the Council of the Great City Schools will evaluate the applications. Dr. Harris will choose the recipients, who will be notified in June. The scholarship will be provided to the university of the recipient’s choice, and during the academic year 2024–2025, it may be used for tuition and associated costs.
For inquiries, please Go to: https://www.cgcs.org/Scholarships
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org