Do you want to study in the United Kingdom (UK)? Here is an opportunity for you to travel abroad as an international Student. Read the eligibility requirements for the BACS huayu scholarship including how to apply.
What is Bacs Huayu Scholarship All About
The Ministry of Education in Taiwan devised the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) in order to entice international students to enroll in Mandarin classes in Taiwan. The scholarship also aims to give successful applicants the chance to gain a deeper understanding of Taiwanese culture and to foster greater levels of understanding and interaction between Taiwan and the international community.
The Home Education Scheme (HES) gives citizens of the United Kingdom the opportunity to spend between two and nine months in Taiwan studying Mandarin Chinese at officially recognized language schools.
Scholarship Value / Worth
The successful applicant will get a monthly stipend of NT$25,000, which will cover their tuition as well as a portion of their living and maintenance costs.
BACS-Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Who can apply for the BACS-Taiwan scholarship?
For you to qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates who are older than 18 years old when they submit their applications for scholarships can be considered for award consideration.
- Students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macao are ineligible to apply; all other students from across the world are welcome to submit their applications.
- Candidates who have earned A-Levels or qualifications considered comparable by their current institution of higher education
The candidate ought to have a stellar academic history and a solid academic standing.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of moral rectitude to be considered.
- English language Criteria: Applicants coming from a country other than the home country would typically be required to meet specified English language or other language requirements in order to be accepted to study at the institution in question.
- A submission form for applications (provided by BACS).
- A scanned copy of the individual’s United Kingdom passport.
- scanned copies of the certificates that attest to the individual’s highest level of academic achievement.
- Students who are currently enrolled in college but have not yet received their degrees are required to submit a copy of the most recent version of their academic transcript.
- Evidence that you have applied to study at a reputable Taiwanese language center.
- Candidates who are interested in attending the institution must submit their application form, along with all of the required supporting materials, to the admissions office in either electronic or physical form.
Huayu Enrichment There will be a very small number of nine-month scholarships available, but scholarships for three and six months as well as nine months have the possibility of being given. Those who were awarded the scholarship for a period of nine months must achieve a score of Band B or better on the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language throughout their time spent studying in China.
Taiwan. It is required to have a high level of proficiency in Mandarin across all areas in order to pass the Band B exam.
level. All candidates for the position must be aware that the failure to pass the exam will result in the loss of one month’s salary.
those applying for the nine-month scholarship should have faith in their capacity to meet the requirements set forth for it.
within the allotted amount of time for learning Mandarin.
Scholarship opening and closing dates
- The nine-month scholarship may run either from a) the 1st September 2022 to the 31st May 2023; or
b) from the 1st December 2022 to the 31st August 2023.
- The six-month scholarship offers three options within the academic year: a) 1st September 2022 to
28th February 2023; b) 1st December 2022 to 31st May 2023; or c) 1st March 2023 to 31st August
- The three-month scholarship can cover one of four terms within the university year: a) 1st September
to 30th November 2022 (autumn term); b) 1st December 2022 to 28th February 2023 (winter term); c)
1st March to 31st May 2023 (spring term); or d) 1st June to 31st August 2023 (summer term).
How to Apply for Bacs Huayu Scholarship
The British Association for Chinese Studies requires applicants to submit their scholarship applications via electronic means once they are complete (BACS). From the first of February onwards, an application form, additional details, and complete guidelines will be available on the website of the BACS: http://bacsuk.org.uk/funding-2/bacs-taiwan-studentships.
Note that in addition to submitting an application for the scholarship, each applicant is responsible for making their own independent application to the language center of their choice before submitting their application for the scholarship. On the following website, you may find a list of language centers that are officially recognized: https://english.moe.gov.tw/cp-23-24206-13c8a-1.html
BACS Taiwan scholarship Selection process
The Procedure for Selecting Candidates:
- This will be done in accordance with the instructions provided by the British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) and the Education Division of the Taipei Representative Office in the UK (TRO). All of the materials that have been provided will be processed and examined in detail.
- If a candidate has made it to the final round of consideration for a full scholarship for nine months, they may be requested to participate in an interview coordinated by the Education Department, most likely near the end of the month of April
- If a successful applicant gives up their entitlement to a scholarship before to arriving in Taiwan, they will not be awarded one. The slot will be filled by the subsequent candidate in the reserve pool.
- Scholarships with a shorter time commitment will be given preference, as will those who do not already call the area home.
Taiwan in order to make it possible for a larger number of potential students to take advantage of the educational opportunities available in Taiwan.
The application period will close on Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 17:00 (British Summer Time).
Contact BACS Huayan Customer Care Team
Olivia Saunders Tel: +44-(0)20-74365888
Education Officer E-mail: email@example.com
Education Division, Taipei Representative Office in the U.K
If you have any concerns about the application process, you can email the BACS-Taiwan Scholarship program coordinator, Dr. Gregory Adam Scott, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.