If you in search of financial support? Then you’re in the right place as in this article, you’ll get to know about the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship and all the details concerning the scholarship.
About Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
This scholarship was called in honor of the late Alexander Rutherford, who had the recognition of being Alberta’s first Premier and Minister of Education. Alexander was known for his firm aid to public education, especially the University of Alberta, and his dynamic involvement in community matters.
The grant acknowledges and awards the academic accomplishment of senior high school students and inspires them to seek post-secondary education.
Scholars can gain a max of 2,500 dollars toward their post-secondary education via the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship. This scholarship is granted to scholars when they register in post-secondary institutions and have gained an 80% average in 5 selected subjects in Grade 10, 11, and 12. Each grade is set unassisted. Career and Technology Studies (CTS) may be used to complete the qualification requirements for only Grade 10 and Grade 11. A list of the authorized subjects at each grade level is found below.
- Persons Case Scholarship in Canada
- BC Excellence Scholarship Program – Application Guidelines
- Editing Press Laura Bassi Scholarship Application
- NGO Scholarships In Nigeria – Apply Now! (Full List)
- MTN Online Scholarship for Undergraduates
Requirements for Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or person who lives in Canada permanently.
- All applicants must have completed high school before applying.
- All applicants must be registered in a full course in a selected post-secondary or an internship program for at least 1 semester.
- Your authorized high school transcript marks must be open at the period of application.
- All applicants are desired to have a proper Canadian Social Insurance Number.
- The last benefactors of this scholarship are not qualified to reapply. Students without numeric grades should not enroll in this scholarship
- Make sure you fulfill the requirements of the courses before you start your registration
- All applicants must have an Alberta Student Number (ASN)
- The conditions for the high school transcript marks may differ. Visa scholars are not qualified for this scholarship.
- Open studies or unclassified programs are qualified.
To obtain this scholarship, you must also fulfill all of these eligibility standards:
- You must be a Canadian Citizen, a Forever Resident of Canada, or a Protected Person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- You must be an Alberta resident, and to be regarded as an Alberta resident the following requirements must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian must have held permanent residency in Canada for at least one straight year instantly before the applicant begins a program of study;
- All applicants must have kept permanent occupancy in Alberta at least one year before starting a program of study;
- An applicant is not qualified to obtain a scholarship about any grade unless the applicant, parent(s), or legal guardian were a citizen in Alberta throughout the full of that grade.
- Must have finished high school on or after September 30, 1980.
- Must be registered in a full course in a selected post-secondary or an internship program of at least 1 semester
NB: Applicants may only be granted the Alexander Rutherford scholarship once.
How To Apply for Alexander Rutherford Scholarship 2023-24
Students are urged to apply when their high school marks are out and when they are registered in full-time post-secondary studies.
Transcripts are not needed for courses in Alberta. Qualified students who finish high school outside of Alberta must present an official transcript of their high school marks for that area.
NB: In the affair of the mark change mail a letter showing the request with your grade, mark change, and course to Alberta Student Aid.
Deadline and Opening Dates
Only apply when you are registered for full-time post-secondary studies. Once your registration or attendance has been approved by the post-secondary institution, Alberta Student Aid will send a cheque to you within one month.
- Scholarship type: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Amount: $2,500
- Application deadline: Apply when your high school scores are available
Apply for Alberta Student Aid
Alberta Student Aid PO Box 28000
Station mail Edmonton AB T5J 4R4
Contact: Alberta Student Aid Service Center through 1-855-606-2096 Go to: studentaid.alberta.ca/scholarships