This is to notify all applicants of UNN that the University has released the application lists for supplementary, UTME, direct entry, and shopping for the 2023/2024 session.
The Admission lists for successful candidates are organized in the links down;
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO UNN ADMISSION CANDIDATE ADMISSION FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC SESSION
Successful applicants given provisional admission are needed to embrace the following procedures to formalize their acceptance of the admission:
- UNN successful applicants are recommended to immediately upload their O/Level results into the official JAMB Portal using a JAMB-approved CBT Center at your location and send proof of upload and admission status in JAMB CAPS to the admissions office. NB that a successful applicant’s admission cannot be verified until the correct upload of O/Level results is being carried out.
- Go to the JAMB Portal and receive your admission on CAPS by selecting “Accept Admission”. Successful applicants who fail to accept their admission will not be given a JAMB admission letter and will be considered as not admitted.
- Log on to the University of Nigeria (UNN) website or Portal, log in your JAMB Registration number to generate and download a Payment Invoice that includes an RRR number, the invoice will allow you to make payment at any bank nationwide.
- After getting the Payment Invoice, successful applicants are asked to pay the sum of thirty thousand naira only the 30,000 acceptance fee. Confirm that the Invoice number is applied properly at the bank and receive a receipt holding your confirmation number and Invoice number.
- Go to the University of Nigeria (UNN) website or portal again and log in with your JAMB Registration Number, the confirmation number, and invoice number, then print the Admission slip and complete the acceptance online.
- Continue with other fee payments and registration as demonstrated on the University website.
- Successful applicants should know that this admission is provisional.
- If at any period in the future, including the last year, it is uncovered that any student does not have the minimum university and the faculty/departmental admission requirements for the course as specified by the Senate of UNN and printed in JAMB Brochure, the request of admission will be canceled.
Dr. Chris C. Igbokwe
Congratulations To All Those Admitted and For those who didn’t get in, God has a better plan for you.
Brief History Of UNN
The University of Nigeria, oftentimes referred to as UNN, is a federal college placed in Nsukka, Enugu State, Eastern section of Nigeria. Established by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and officially opened on 7 October 1960, the UNN has 3 campuses in Nsukka, Enugu, and Ituku-Ozalla, and the Aba campus.
The University of Nigeria is the first full-fledged indigenous and first self-sufficient college in Nigeria modeled upon the American instructional system. It is the first land-grant college in Africa and one of the 5 most reputed universities in Nigeria. The college has 15 Faculties and 102 educational departments. The college provides 108 undergraduate packages and 211 postgraduate programs.
The college has 4 campuses – Nsukka (University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN), Enugu (University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, UNEC), Ituku-Ozalla (University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH), and Aba (University of Nigeria Aba campus, UNAC).