The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL) is offering a free scholarship to all eligible high school students. The SANRAL Scholarship 2024 online application form is now out and all interested candidates are invited to submit their applications.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about the SANRAL scholarship including the application requirements, necessary documents, who can apply and how to apply for the programme.
What is SANRAL Scholarship All About?
SANRAL is inviting high school students to apply for the High School Scholarship for the 2024 academic year. The scholarship is for students going into 8th through 12th grade, no matter what they want to study.
Applicants will be selected for the scholarships based on their academic performance and financial need (in line with SANRAL’s Bursary Policy), among other things.
History of South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL)
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL), founded in 1998, is a state-owned corporation in South Africa that is tasked with the responsibility of maintaining, administering, and developing the growing National Road network inside the country.
The government of South Africa owns SANRAL, and the country’s Minister of Transport serves as the minister’s representative. Integrity, Participativeness, Excellence, Care, and Proactivity are the basic principles of the company, and the company’s mission is to become a global leader in the provision of a superior national road network. This will be accomplished by adhering to these values.
What Does SANRAL Scholarship Cover – Benefits?
The scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses:
- registration fees
- school fees
- boarding fees
- school uniform
- sport uniform
- extra lessons
NOTE: All tuition fees will be paid directly to the recipients’ school of study. Other fees will be reimbursed to the parent or guardian after receiving original proofs of payment and a claim form.
Scholarship winners will receive the following benefits in addition to the benefits mentioned above:
- Learner Support to help prepare for studying and academic success.
- Holistic support, including career information and guidance in a desired career path.
- Psychological counselling, career coaching, extra classes and exam preparation dependent on a needs assessment.
All successful applicants will be contacted by the end of January 2024. If you do not receive any feedback from the scholarship desk, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Requirements for the SANRAL Scholarship Application
All applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the scholarship (Note: failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to automatic disqualification)
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicant must be entering Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 in 2024
- You must be registered to study at an accredited high school in South Africa
- Applicant must have achieve a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have a household income of less that R550 000 per annum
How to Apply for SANRAL Scholarship 2024
- Firstly, download the SANRAL Scholarship Online Application Form (PDF)
- Fill out the form correctly with the required information
- Finally, submit your application and wait for feedback.
- Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
- Email: to Gcina Sentletse: email@example.com (Insert the words “SANRAL Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
- Post: 38 Ida Street
SANRAL Required Documents
Send clear copies of the following supporting documents along with your filled-out application form (you must send all of these documents; if you don’t, your application may be rejected):
- LETTERS OF MOTIVATION
- By your parents
- By yourself (2 pages): Tell us about yourself and motivate why you would like to become a SANRAL scholarship holder.
- Motivation and support letter from your school.
- CERTIFIED COPIES OF:
- Your June results
- Your ID document or birth certificate (must be South African citizen).
- Your parents’ ID documents.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE
- Your parents’/guardians’ water and electricity bill from the local council.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT
- Proof of income / sworn affidavit (if parents are self-employed in the informal sector or they work from home, you must submit an affidavit on the amount that they earn).
- EMAIL YOUR APPLICATIONS TO:
- Gcina Sentletse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOLARSHIP POSTAL ADDRESS:
- 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria, 0081
Below is a picture of the SANRAL Scholarship Application form
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know that my SANRAL Scholarship application is successful
All successful applicants will be contacted by ending of January. So, if you are not contacted by then, it means your application has been rejected.
2. When will Application for 2023 SANRAL scholarship End?
The deadline for the 2023 SANRAL scholarships is 30 September, 2023 and 2024 deadline is not yet announced Therefore, all interested persons are advised to apply before the deadline.