The Student Loan Trust Fund is a Ghanaian-based loan company. Students seeking loans in Ghana should search no further, with the knowledge of the presence of the said platform, which we shall be extensively talking about, herein.
The Student Loan Trust Fund established in December 2005 is one of the most-rated loaning platforms in Ghana, but only Ghanaians can benefit from it. It has been established to support only Ghanaian tertiary institution students with financial problems. So if you are not in this category, you can check out other student loans on our website.
Take your time to properly explore everything on SLTF in this piece.
Requirements to get a loan from the SLTF
The SLTF loan is not a loan for all. Following are some of the things you should have, to stand a chance of getting a loan from the SLTF.
- You should be a Ghanaian or at least a resident of the country
- You should have been admitted to study at a Ghanaian institution
- Your student’s Identification Card will be required
- Applicants must also have a functioning and accessible phone number
- You also need an active email account
- A Ghanaian Card Number (which you can get for free) is another required document
- It is also compulsory for students to provide an ezwich number while applying for loans
To know more about this, it will be ideal for you to read the platform’s guide, which you can simply click here to obtain.
How Do I Apply for Student Loan Trust Fund?
The next thing you want to do after agreeing with the terms or loan requirements is to proceed to apply for the loan. Thank goodness, the steps to follow are not in any way tedious or complicated – we shall soon be done with it.
- firstly, visit the SLTF loan page; https://application.sltf.gov.gh/
- Click on the menu option at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Select “Create Account.” This is where you start your loan application. A legal notice will be displayed to you on the next screen. You can either choose to agree or disagree on the note – ensure you go through it properly. Agree to the term to proceed.
- Fill in the required details on the next page. Ensure you provide your information accurately.
- When you are done providing the information required you will receive an activation code on the phone number provided. Supply the code received and click on the Activate Account Option. To apply for a loan or your choice.
Other loan application processes on this site are self-explanatory and what you go for will determine what will be required of you.
With regards to the notice, a hint for you to keep in mind in case you won’t go through it is that you should only apply when you are sure you will provide correct information about yourself. Do not also apply if you don’t want your information to be shared with a third party or published in the National Media if you fail to repay your loan on time.
Note that not agreeing to the term means you’re ready to withdraw from the process.
Why do you need this loan?
Your zeal to be educated will not pay your tuition fee. You need money to cater for yourself and your education at school. If the job you currently do isn’t enough for you to go to school and scholarship offers are not forthcoming, then getting this loan is a nice idea if you wish to continue with your education.
In a nutshell, you need this loan majorly to support your education.
You should pay attention to this awareness from the Ghana student loan board. The platform warns that applicants should on no account pay during the application process. Students who end up in regret after applying for a loan or making repayment on this site were simply scammed, making this mistake.
No fees are charged by the SLTF for processing of loan applications. Applicants are advised to deal only with officials of the Fund and are at no point required to make any payments for the service.
Borrowers who are making payments are advised to use only SLTF approved repayment channels on the SLTF website.
According to Nana Agyei Yeboah, the Student Loan ranges from GH1,500 to GH3,000, depending on their needs. Before giving the money to the students, the SLTF did a means test to see if the students could afford it.
How long does it take to process student loan in Ghana?
Students who fill out an application form for a loan from the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) should get their loans within two weeks of sending in the form. This is, however, only true if the loan application form is filled out correctly and all necessary supporting documents are attached.
How Do I check My SLTF?
- SLTF will send you a verification code through your email or SMS.
- Use that verification code to return to SLTF main page.
- Enter the verification code and click the “Submit” button. Your student’s loan statement dashboard will open.
What is the interest rate on SLTF?
The highest interest rate for SLTF 12%. If the T-bill rate goes above 12%, the SLTF will bring it back down to 12%. In order to save money on interest, it is in the applicant’s best interest to pay back the loan faster than the given time.
How do I activate my SLTF account?
- If you can’t activate your account to work, click the Login button on the homepage
- Click the Activate Account button below the Sign in form.
- Type in the number on your Ghana card or SSNIT
- Click on Send Code.
- Once you get the activation code, type it into the Verification Code field
- Click the Verify button.
How Do I contact the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF)
Please visit the SLTF contact page for a list of all official phone numbers, including our zonal offices across the country.
Kindly call 030 2751020 for more information, or to report any acts of extortion.
Conclusion: How to Apply for SLTF
Taking a loan as a student has no significant impact on your life, given that you can pay back as at when due. So don’t hesitate to go for it if that is the only option you have left to get yourself formally educated. Remember Benjamin Franklin once said, “An investment in knowledge pays the best.”